A new Dev channel update is out to Edge Insiders. Edge Dev 82.0.432.3 comes with a number of new features, including the Share toolbar button, the ability to hide the Home button by right-clicking it, extra secured payment info, and more.
What's new in Edge Dev 82.0.432.3
A new 'hidden' Surf game
The edge://surf game from November’s campaign is now available for everyone to play just by going to
In addition to being available from the error page that appears when you’re offline, the game now has new modes including
- time trial,
- support for other input methods like touch and gamepads,
- accessibility improvements,
- high scores,
- and remastered visuals.
Many of these changes are based on users' feedback. Check out
edge://surf to see what else devs included. Please note that this is being rolled out via Microsoft's experimentation platform, so it may take a little bit to reach everybody.
- Added the ability to put the Share button next to the address bar.
- Added a management policy to disable the Share button.
- Added the ability to hide the Home button by right-clicking it.
- Added support for Windows Information Protection.
- Added a management policy to control the automatic creation of on-premises work or school profiles (profiles with a DOMAIN\NAME format instead of a NAME@COMPANY.COM format).
- Added extra security to the Payment info Settings page by requiring the OS-level password in order to edit or delete cards.
- Added support for syncing the “Allow extensions from other stores” setting to other devices.
- Fixed an issue where clicking a favorite on the Favorites management page sometimes causes a crash.
- Fixed an issue where filling out forms in webpages in an InPrivate window sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where editing a Collection when Collections sync is enabled sometimes crashes the browser.
- Improved the reliability of Edge installation to reduce “side by side configuration is incorrect” errors after installing an update.
- Fixed an issue where entering Immersive Reader sometimes crashes the tab.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to print a PDF sometimes crashes the tab.
- Fixed an issue where importing extensions from another browser sometimes leads to a browser crash.
- Fixed a crash when closing the browser.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the button to change the style of text in a note in a Collection crashes the Collections pane.
- Fixed an issue where Collections may not sync properly.
- Stopped automatically creating on-premises work or school profiles (profiles with a DOMAIN\NAME format instead of a NAME@COMPANY.COM format) since sync does not work with these types of profiles. As mentioned last week, see https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/enterprise/updates-to-auto-sign-in-with-on-prem-active-direct... for more details.
- Changed the color of text on inactive tabs to be more readable.
- Fixed an issue where enabling Collections sync sometimes changes the title of synced Collections to “Syncing…”.
- Fixed an issue where videos on certain websites like Twitter don’t play properly and instead show an error.
- Fixed an issue where rotating a PDF after drawing on it with ink sometimes corrupts the drawing.
- Fixed an issue where the Share button isn’t disabled on pages that aren’t shareable.
- Fixed an issue where the Collections button isn’t removed from the address bar when Collections are disabled via management policy.
- Fixed an issue where items that are blocked from being downloaded due to security issues have corrupted UI on the Downloads shelf.
- Fixed an issue where pinning a site that’s currently open in an IE mode tab fails.
- Fixed an issue where the “Offer to save passwords” setting doesn’t sync with all Edge channels.
- Some users are seeing favorites get duplicated after we made some fixes in that area last month. The most common way this is triggered is by installing a new channel of Edge or installing Edge on another device and then signing into it with an account that has already signed into Edge before. Fixing this should be easier now that the deduplicator tool is available.
- Users of certain security software packages will see all tabs fail to load with the error STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION. The only supported way to prevent this behavior is to uninstall that software. We’re currently engaging with the developers of that software to test a potential fix, which we hope to bring to Dev and Canary soon.
- After an initial fix for it recently, some users are still experiencing Edge windows becoming all black. UI popups like menus are not affected and opening the Browser Task Manager (keyboard shortcut is shift + esc) and killing the GPU process usually fixes it. Note that this only appears to affect users with certain hardware.
- There are some issues where users with multiple audio output devices sometimes don’t get any sound from Edge. In one case, Edge becomes muted in the Windows Volume Mixer and unmuting it fixes it. In another, restarting the browser fixes it.
- At certain zoom levels, there is a noticeable line between the browser UI and the web contents.
For pre-release versions, Microsoft is currently using three channels to deliver updates to Edge Insiders. The Canary channel receives updates daily (except Saturday and Sunday), the Dev channel is getting updates weekly, and the Beta channel is updated every 6 weeks. Microsoft is going to support Edge Chromium on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, alongside macOS, Linux (coming in the future) and mobile apps on iOS and Android.
Microsoft Edge Roadmap: History Sync This Summer, Linux Support
Actual Edge versions
The actual versions of Edge Chromium at the moment of this writing are as follows:
- Stable Channel: 80.0.361.62
- Beta Channel: 81.0.416.16
- Dev Channel: 82.0.432.3
- Canary Channel: 82.0.437.0
You will find many Edge tricks and features covered in the following post:
Hands-on with the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge
Also, see the following updates.
- Microsoft Rolls Out Edge Chromium to Release Preview Insiders
- How to Show Menu Bar in Microsoft Edge
- Add or Remove Share Button in Microsoft Edge
- Enable Lazy Frame Loading in Microsoft Edge
- Enable Lazy Image Loading in Microsoft Edge
- Edge Chromium Receives Extension Syncing
- Microsoft Announces Performance Boost In Edge Chromium Preview
- Edge 80 Stable Features Native ARM64 Support
- Edge DevTools Are Now Available in 11 Languages
- Disable First Run Experience in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Specify Default Profile to Open Links for Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Edge Receives Remove Duplicate Favorites Option
- Disable Hardware Acceleration in Microsoft Edge
- Enable Collections in Microsoft Edge Stable
- Install Google Chrome Themes in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Windows Versions Supported by Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Edge Now Allows Opening Selected Text in Immersive Reader
- Show or Hide Collections Button in Microsoft Edge
- Edge Chromium Won’t Automatically Install For Enterprise Users
- Microsoft Edge Receives New Customization Options for New Tab Page
- Change Default Download Folder in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Make Microsoft Edge Ask Where To Save Downloads
- Enable QR Code Generator for Page URL in Edge Chromium
- Edge 80.0.361.5 Hits the Dev Channel with Native ARM64 Builds
- Edge Chromium Extensions Web Site Is Now Opened for Developers
- Prevent Microsoft Edge Chromium From Installing via Windows Update
- Edge Chromium Receives Pin To Taskbar Wizard
- Microsoft Enables Collections in Canary and Dev Edge with Improvements
- Edge Chromium Has Got New Tab Page Improvements in Canary
- Edge Receives Colorful Title Bars for PWAs
- Microsoft Reveals How Tracking Prevention Works in Edge Chromium
- Edge Receives Tight PWA Integration with Windows Shell
- Edge Chromium Will Sync Your Extensions Soon
- Edge Chromium Introduces Insecure Content Blocking Feature
- Enable Strict Tracking Prevention for InPrivate Mode in Microsoft Edge
- Edge Chromium Receives Full Screen Window Frame Drop Down UI
- Edge Chromium for ARM64 Devices is Now Available for Testing
- Enable Classic Edge and Edge Chromium Running Side-by-Side
- Export Favorites to HTML File In Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Edge for Linux is officially coming
- Edge Chromium Stable Is Coming on January 15, 2020 With New Icon
- Microsoft Edge Gets a New Logo
- Enable Dark Mode for All Sites in Microsoft Edge
- Edge Chromium Is Now Default PDF Reader, Here is How to Change This
- Edge Chromium Receives Weather Forecast and Greetings on New Tab Page
- Edge Removes The Block Option from Media AutoPlay Blocking
- Edge Chromium: Tab Freezing, High Contrast Mode Support
- Edge Chromium: Block Third-party Cookies for InPrivate Mode, Extension Access to Search
- Microsoft Gradually Gets Rid of Rounded UI in Edge Chromium
- Edge Now Allows Disabling Feedback Smiley Button
- Block Potentially Unwanted Apps For Downloads in Microsoft Edge
- Global Media Controls in Microsoft Edge Receive a Dismiss Button
- Microsoft Edge: New AutoPlay Blocking Options, Updated Tracking Prevention
- Turn Off News Feed on New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge
- Enable Extensions Menu Button in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Remove Feedback Smiley Button in Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Edge Will No Longer Support ePub
- Latest Microsoft Edge Canary Features Tab Hover Cards
- Microsoft Edge Now De-Elevates Itself Automatically
- Microsoft Details Edge Chromium Roadmap
- Microsoft Enables Global Media Controls in Microsoft Edge
- How to Use Cloud Powered Voices in Microsoft Edge Chormium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Never Translate, Prepopulate Find with Text Selection
- Enable Caret Browsing in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Enable IE Mode in Chromium Edge
- Stable Update Channel Made its First Appearance for Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Receives an Updated Password Reveal Button
- What are Controlled Feature Roll-outs in Microsoft Edge
- Edge Canary Adds New InPrivate Text Badge, New Sync Options
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Clear Browsing Data on Exit
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Now Allows Switching Theme
- Microsoft Edge: Support for Windows Spell Checker in Chromium Engine
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Prepopulate Find with Text Selection
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Gets Tracking Prevention Settings
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Change Display Language
- Group Policy Templates for Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Pin Sites To Taskbar, IE Mode
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Will Allow Uninstalling PWAs as Desktop Apps
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Includes YouTube Video Info in Volume Control OSD
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Canary Features Dark Mode Improvements
- Show Icon Only for Bookmark in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Autoplay Video Blocker is coming to Microsoft Edge Chromium
- and more
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
2 thoughts on “Edge Dev 82.0.432.3 Includes Surf Game, Adds Share Button”
Update to Microsoft Edge 82.0.432.3 (Official build) dev (64-bit), When i type edge://surf in address bar:
Hmmm… can’t reach this page
It looks like the webpage at edge://surf/ might be having issues, or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
They say that it will take “quite a bit” before it becomes available to everyone.