A small Your Phone app update has become available to a number of Windows Insiders. Now it allows to add it to the Startup right from the initial dialog. With the help of this option, app users can quickly make it start automatically on Windows startup or not.
Windows 10 comes with a special app, Your Phone, that allows pairing your Android or iOS smartphone with your desktop computer and browse your phone data on the PC.
Your Phone was first introduced during Build 2018. The app is intended to allow users to sync their smartphones running Android or iOS with Windows 10. The app allows syncing Messages, Photos, and Notifications with a device running Windows 10, e.g. to view and edit photos stored on your smartphone directly on the computer.
Since its first introduction, the app has received tons of new features and improvements. The app supports Dual SIM devices. In addition to the battery level indicator, and inline replies, the app is able to render the background image of your smartphone. It also allows linking multiple phones with a single PC. Recent versions of Your Phone app show a notification toast for a message received on your paired Android phone.
Note: Some of the features of the Your Phone app are hidden for the user, but you can unblock them. Check out Force enable Your Phone app's secret hidden features in Windows 10.
The new startup option has been spotted by Alumia_Italia, that Microsoft has added right to the welcome screen of the Your Phone app.
Quite possible that the same option will be available under Your Phone app settings.
It looks like that Microsoft is doing A/B testing with a limited number users for this new option, so not everyone may see it yet.
Articles of interest
- Your Phone’s Android apps on Desktop feature is now generally available
- Stop Your Phone App from Running in the Background
- Copy Text From Image in Your Phone App in Windows 10
- Force enable Your Phone app's secret hidden features in Windows 10
- Windows 10 Your Phone app will show audio currently playing from the phone
- Your Phone app Now Supports File Drag-and-Drop on Samsung Phones
- Make Your Phone App Use Your Smartphone Wallpaper as Background
- Windows 10 Your Phone App Now Allows Making Calls from PC to Android Users
- Your Phone App Now Allows Responding to Notifications from Notifications Page
- Your Phone app now syncs your phone’s wallpaper
- Check Android Phone Battery Level in Windows 10 Your Phone App
- Disable Taskbar Badge for Your Phone App in Windows 10
- Disable Your Phone App Notifications for Android Messages
- Disable Send and Receive MMS Attachments in Your Phone app
- Specify Android Apps to Show Notifications in Your Phone app
- Turn On or Off Android Notifications in Your Phone app
- Turn On or Off Your Phone Notifications for Android in Windows 10
- Uninstall and Remove Your Phone App In Windows 10