How to disable Taskbar Badge for Your Phone App in Windows 10
Windows 10 comes with a special app, Your Phone, that allows pairing your Android or iOS smartphone with your desktop computer and browse your phone data on the PC. Recent versions of Your Phone app show a notification toast for a message received on your paired Android phone. Also, the app adds a taskbar badge with a number of unread messages for the app button.
Windows 10 comes with a built-in app named 'Your Phone'. It was first introduced during Build 2018. The app is intended to allow users to sync their smartphones running Android or iOS with Windows 10. The app allows syncing Messages, Photos, and Notifications with a device running Windows 10, e.g. to view and edit photos stored on your smartphone directly on the computer.
Since its first introduction, the app has received tons of new features and improvements.
When you receive a new message on your paired Android phone, the Your Phone app shows a notification toast. Also, the app adds a taskbar badge with a number of unread messages for its taskbar button. It is possible to get rid of the message counter.
To Disable Taskbar Badge for Your Phone App in Windows 10,
- Open the Your Phone app.
- Click on the Settings button with the gear icon.
- Go to the Messages section on the right.
- Turn on or off the toggle option Badge on taskbar for what you want. Disabling it will prevent Your Phone from showing the taskbar badge with a number of unread messages.
- Now you can close the Your Phone app.
The option is enabled by default. You can re-enable it at any moment if you disable it.
Articles of interest:
- Disable Your Phone App Notifications for Android Messages
- Disable Send and Receive MMS Attachments in Your Phone app
- Specify Android Apps to Show Notifications in Your Phone app
- Turn On or Off Android Notifications in Your Phone app
- Turn On or Off Your Phone Notifications for Android in Windows 10
- Uninstall and Remove Your Phone App In Windows 10