How to specify Android apps to Show Notifications in Your Phone app in Windows 10
With build 18885 (20H1, Fast Ring), Microsoft has announced Your Phone app notifications for paired Android smartphones. The feature is finally available, so you have a chance to try it in action. In recent version of Your Phone app, you can select apps installed on a paired Android smartphone which will mirror their notifications in Windows 10. Here's how it can be done.
Windows 10 comes with a built-in app named 'Your Phone'. It was first introduced during Build 2018. The app is intended to allow users to sync their smartphones running Android or iOS with Windows 10. The app allows syncing Messages, Photos, and Notifications with a device running Windows 10, e.g. to view and edit photos stored on your smartphone directly on the computer.
Since its first introduction, the app has received tons of new features and improvements.
Android phone’s notifications in Your Phone app
One of them is an Android Notifications feature, that allows you the following.
- See incoming phone notifications in real-time
- View all of your phone notifications in one place
- Customize which notifications you want to receive
- Clear notifications individually or all at once.
- Android devices version 7.0 and greater with at least 1GB of RAM.
- Windows 10 PC running Windows builds 1803 (RS4) or newer.
- Not supported on devices that have Notification Access disabled by work or other policy.
- Some notifications may not appear automatically. Please press refresh to see an updated list of notifications.
- Notification responses are not supported.
Along with Android Notifications, the app now also supports MMS.
To Specify Android Apps to Show Notifications in Your Phone app,
- Open the Your Phone app.
- Click on the Settings button with the gear icon.
- Expand the Pick which apps notify you section on the right if collapsed.
- Turn on or off the toggle option for the apps in the list to receive their notifications from your Android phone in Your Phone in Windows 10.
- Now you can close the Your Phone app.