How to Make Your Phone App Use Your Smartphone Wallpaper as Background.
In Windows 10, you can turn on or off sync smartphone's wallpaper with the Your Phone app background. This option becomes available once you link your Android phone to your Windows 10 device. The app will show the wallpaper in a phone thumbnail preview, and in the left pane with acrylic transparency effects.
Windows 10 comes with a special app, Your Phone, that allows pairing your Android or iOS smartphone with your desktop computer and browse your phone data on the PC. Recent versions of Your Phone app show a notification toast for a message received on your paired Android phone.
Your Phone was first introduced during Build 2018. The app is intended to allow users to sync their smartphones running Android or iOS with Windows 10. The app allows syncing Messages, Photos, and Notifications with a device running Windows 10, e.g. to view and edit photos stored on your smartphone directly on the computer.
Since its first introduction, the app has received tons of new features and improvements. The app supports Dual SIM devices. In addition to the battery level indicator, and inline replies, the app is able to render the background image of your smartphone.
Here's how to enable or disable this feature.
To Make Your Phone App Use Your Smartphone Wallpaper as Background
- Open the Your Phone app.
- Click on the Settings button with the gear icon.
- On the right, go to Settings > Personalization.
- Turn on the Make app background the same as my phone's wallpaper option.
You are done. You can disable this feature at any moment later.
Note: The Make app background the same as my phone's wallpaper option is grayed out if you have disable transparency effects in Windows 10.
The Your Phone app can be downloaded from the Store: Get the app here.
Articles of interest.
- Windows 10 Your Phone App Now Allows Making Calls from PC to Android Users
- Your Phone App Now Allows Responding to Notifications from Notifications Page
- Your Phone app now syncs your phone’s wallpaper
- Check Android Phone Battery Level in Windows 10 Your Phone App
- Disable Taskbar Badge for Your Phone App in Windows 10
- Disable Your Phone App Notifications for Android Messages
- Disable Send and Receive MMS Attachments in Your Phone app
- Specify Android Apps to Show Notifications in Your Phone app
- Turn On or Off Android Notifications in Your Phone app
- Turn On or Off Your Phone Notifications for Android in Windows 10
- Uninstall and Remove Your Phone App In Windows 10