Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 Version 1903 is stable enough to be installed in an enterprise environment. The latest Windows 10 version is now transitioned to broad deployment.
Microsoft has merged the Current Branch (CB) and Current Branch for Business (CBB) in a single update branch "Semi-Annual Channel". It receives feature updates twice a year. After reaching broad deployment, version 1903 is available in the Semi-Annual Channel. The official announcement states the following:
Windows 10, version 1903 (the May 2019 Update) is designated ready for broad deployment for all users via Windows Update.
As devices running the Home, Pro, and Pro for Workstation editions of Windows 10, version 1803 (the April 2018 Update) will reach end of service on November 12, 2019, we are broadly updating these devices, as well as those running earlier versions of Windows 10 that are past end of service, to keep these devices both supported and receiving monthly updates. If you are not offered the Windows 10, version 1903 feature update, please check below for known issues and safeguard holds that may affect your device.
We recommend commercial customers running earlier versions of Windows 10 begin broad deployments of Windows 10, version 1903 in their organizations.
If you are not familiar with new features which Windows 10 version 1903 offers, see the following post.
It is worth mentioning that Microsoft is expected to make Windows 10 version 1909 (the next feature update) available to consumers in October 2019. However, the official release date is not named yet.
Also, keep in mind that there are several known issues with the 1903 release, and some of them are still not resolved. Certain issues in the list can only be mitigated but not fixed yet.
Articles of interest.
- Delay Windows 10 Version 1903 May 2019 Update Installation
- Reduce Reserved Storage Size in Windows 10
- Download New Light Windows 10 Wallpaper
- Enable New Light Theme in Windows 10
- Generic Keys to Install Windows 10 version 1903
- Disable Microsoft Edge Pre-launching in Windows 10
- Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10
- Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10
- Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10
- Disable Fluent Design (New Visual Effects) in Windows 10
- Disable Ads in Windows 10
- Disable SmartScreen in Windows 10
- Disable Windows Defender
- Disable Windows Security Tray Icon
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!