In addition to the full rollout of Windows 10 version 1809, Microsoft has announced that it is stable enough to be installed in an enterprise environment. Windows 10, version 1809 has transitioned to broad deployment.
Microsoft has merged the Current Branch (CB) and Current Branch for Business (CBB) in a single update branch "Semi-Annual Channel". It receives feature updates twice a year. After reaching broad deployment, version 1809 is available in the Semi-Annual Channel. The official announcement states the following:
Based on the data and the feedback we’ve received from consumers, OEMs, ISVs, partners, and commercial customers, Windows 10, version 1809 has transitioned to broad deployment. With this, the Windows 10 release information page will now reflect Semi-Annual Channel (SAC) for version 1809. We will continue to communicate for future releases the transition from targeted to broad deployment status.
According to our lifecycle policy, Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education, version 1809 will be serviced for 30 months from its November 13th release date. End of support information for Windows 10 releases can be found in the Windows lifecycle fact sheet.
If you are not familiar with new features which Windows 10 version 1809 offers, see the following post.
It is worth mentioning that Microsoft is expected to make Windows 10 version 1903 (the next feature update) available to consumers in April 2019. However, the official release date is not named yet.
Articles of interest
- Download Windows 10 Version 1809 ISO Images Directly Without Media Tool
- How To Delay Windows 10 October 2018 Update Version 1809
- Disable Microsoft Edge Pre-launching in Windows 10
- Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10
- Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10
- Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10
- Disable Fluent Design (New Visual Effects) in Windows 10
- Disable Ads in Windows 10
- Disable SmartScreen in Windows 10
- Disable Windows Defender
- Disable Windows Security Tray Icon
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!