As you may remember, Microsoft pulled Windows 10 October 2018 Update quickly after its release because of a number of critical bugs. The company is currently releasing the fixed version via the Windows Update service.
The Windows Update History page comes with the following announcement.
Rollout Status as of December 17, 2018: Windows 10, version 1809, is now fully available for advanced users who manually select “Check for updates” via Windows Update.
So, to get the updated version of the OS, check for updates in your existing setup.
It is worth mentioning that October 2018 Update is still blocked for a number of users. If your computer hardware includes AMD Radeon HD2000/HD4000 GPU, or there is an outdated version of the TrendMicro security software or a specific Intel GPU driver version, it won't appear on Windows Update.
Articles of interest
- Download Windows 10 Version 1809 ISO Images Directly Without Media Tool
- How To Delay Windows 10 October 2018 Update Version 1809
- Disable Microsoft Edge Pre-launching in Windows 10
- Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10
- Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10
- Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10
- Disable Fluent Design (New Visual Effects) in Windows 10
- Disable Ads in Windows 10
- Disable SmartScreen in Windows 10
- Disable Windows Defender
- Disable Windows Security Tray IconO
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!