In Windows 10, Microsoft replaced the good old calculator with a new Modern app. Microsoft has opened its source code, that allows the app to be ported to Android, iOS, and Web. Now, the company adds a new feature, Graphing Mode, to Windows 10 Calculator.
Tip: You can launch Calculator directly as described in the following article: Run Calculator in Windows 10 directly.
The modern Calculator app constantly receives improvements. Some time ago it has got a Currency Converter. Also, Microsoft has added the Always on Top feature. The Always on Top feature of the app will allow Calculator remain always visible on the screen in the system at all times.
The new Graphing Mode was first introduced at company's 'Live from BETT'. The new feature will allow visualizing equations, and will be helpful to students who learn linear algebra.
The updated app is already included in Windows 10 Build 19546, which is released to the Fast Ring.
The key features of Graphing Mode are as follows.
- Plot one or more equations on the graph. Enter multiple equations so that you can compare plots against each other and see interactions between the lines. You can also customize the line style and graph viewing window to suit your needs.
- Add equations with variables. If you enter an equation with a secondary variable (e.g., “y = mx + b”), you’ll be able to easily manipulate those variables so that you can quickly understand how changes to the equation affect the graph.
- Analyze the graph. Trace plots with your mouse or keyboard to better understand the relationship between variables in the equation on the graph. You can also analyze equations to help identify key graph features, like the x- and y- intercepts.
Microsoft expects to make these new features generally available before August, 2020.
- Turn On or Off Always on Top Mode in Windows 10 Calculator
- Windows Calculator has been ported to Android, iOS and the Web
- Fix Calculator Is Not Opening In Windows 10
- Download Classic Calculator for Windows 10
- Useful Calculator keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10
- Run Calculator in Windows 10 directly
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: