Microsoft has started testing the new Sound Recorder app for Windows 11. As you could expect, it has the Fluent Design style and matches the appearance of the operating system. Currently, the new version of the application is available only to Insiders on the Dev channel.
Now, during recording and playback, you will see a beautiful new sound visualization that complements the appearance of the application.
In addition, you can now specify the preferred recording device and the format of the saved file. There are options for that in app's settings. These are the features most frequently requested by users through the Feedback Hub.
Microsoft has also prepared a short video that showcases all the improvements and changes in the app.
In the official announcement post, Microsoft also mentions a few more apps that have got a visual update and new features on Windows 11.
- Paint - includes updates like the new toolbar, new text tool, and refreshed style of dialogs like “Edit Color” and “Resize and Skew”.
- Notepad - performance improvements, UNIX text file, format support, new find and replace dialog, and much more.
- Photos - a new toolbar, a thumbnail preview strip at the bottom of the photo viewer allows you to quickly jump around your photos directly within the viewer.
- Media Player - a new app that supersedes the classic WMP and supports everything you need to organize your music library.
- Clock - allows you to stay more productive thanks to Focus Sessions and Spotify integration.
- Calculator - a new open-source app that allows you to solve equations on a graph, and evaluate algebra, trigonometry, and complex math expressions.
- Snipping Tool has also been updated to match the most recent Windows version.
All the apps support the dark theme, so they won't burn your eyes if you work in the night.
Also, Windows 11 now includes Windows Terminal which you can set as your default command line app. Besides, there are new inbox apps – Microsoft Family and Clipchamp.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!
2 thoughts on “Microsoft has announced a new Sound Recorder app for Windows 11”
Winaero tweaker 18.104.22.168 will not open after windows 11 latest update, uninstalled winaero tweaker, now when you try to reinstall it says cannot detect .net 4 and above, please install and retry, any suggestions, have used winaero tweaker for years with no problems
I use v1.33 portable and here everything works.
I also had problems with Windows and programs after the last update.
My problem was on these:
I turned them on and then everything worked as usual.