Microsoft today released new monthly cumulative updates for all supported operating systems. Traditionally, such updates do not include any new features. Instead, their goal is to fix bugs and eliminate vulnerabilities. Updates are already available from Windows Update.
May 2022 cumulative updates for Windows
The list of patches released today is as follows.
Windows 11 version 21H2 — KB5013943 (OS Build 22000.675)
- Addresses a known issue that might cause issues for some .NET Framework 3.5 apps or prevent those apps from opening. The affected apps use certain optional components in .NET Framework 3.5, such as Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Workflow (WWF) components.
- Addresses a known issue that might cause your screen to flicker if you start your device in Safe Mode. Components that rely on explorer.exe, such as File Explorer, the Start menu, and the taskbar, might be affected and appear unstable.
- More details on the official support page.
- You can download the patch manually from Microsoft Update Catalog.
Updates for Windows 10
All the updates include miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. It is worth noting that the 21H2, 21H1 and 20H2 releases share the same code base, and receive the same patch.
Finally, this is the last update for consumer versions of October 2020 Update (version 20H2). Starting today, Microsoft stopped supporting it and recommends moving on a more recent Windows release.
- November 2021 Update (version 21H2) — KB5013942 (OS Build 19044.1706). Download from Microsoft Update Catalog.
- May 2021 Update (version 21H1) — KB5013942 (OS Build 19043.1706). Download from Microsoft Update Catalog.
- October 2020 Update (version 20H2) — KB5013942 (OS Build 19042.1706). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- November 2019 Update (version 1909) — KB5013945 (OS Build 18363.2274). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- October 2018 Update (version 1809) — KB5013941 (OS Build 17763.2928). Microsoft Update Catalog.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!