Following the announcement that Windows 10 Version 1903 is stable enough to be installed in an enterprise environment, Microsoft has released a new update to ensure that the upgrade process to version 1903 is smooth.
KB4517210 is now available via the Windows Update system of the OS. It will be automatically installed on devices that haven’t been upgraded to version 1903 yet, and are not blacklisted.
KB4517210 includes the following changes:
Addresses an issue in the migration file (.mig) which may cause an error to occur after you upgrade.
- Addresses an issue that causes a black screen when you try to create a new virtual machine (VM). This issue occurs after VMWare version 15.10 or an earlier version is installed and then you upgrade.
- Addresses incompatible third-party drivers that may cause issues when you upgrade.
Addresses an issue during the upgrade in which Korean characters may be clipped or unreadable.
- Addresses an issue that causes the ESD file to be unnecessarily redownloaded during the upgrade.
- Addresses hard link issues when you perform an offline upgrade.
Windows 10 should automatically download and install the update, without user interaction.
If you are not familiar with new features which Windows 10 version 1903 offers, see the following post.
What’s New In Windows 10 version 1903
It is worth mentioning that Microsoft is expected to make Windows 10 version 1909 (the next feature update) available to consumers in October 2019.
Also, keep in mind that there are several known issues with the 1903 release, and some of them are still not resolved. Certain issues in the list can only be mitigated but not fixed yet.
Articles of interest.
- Delay Windows 10 Version 1903 May 2019 Update Installation
- Reduce Reserved Storage Size in Windows 10
- Download New Light Windows 10 Wallpaper
- Enable New Light Theme in Windows 10
- Generic Keys to Install Windows 10 version 1903
- Disable Microsoft Edge Pre-launching in Windows 10
- Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10
- Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10
- Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10
- Disable Fluent Design (New Visual Effects) in Windows 10
- Disable Ads in Windows 10
- Disable SmartScreen in Windows 10
- Disable Windows Defender
- Disable Windows Security Tray Icon
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!