Microsoft is rolling out a new Dev version of the Edge Chromium browser. Today's release comes with a new logo, along with the ability restore sessions for websites installed as apps after update, crash, etc, and also includes general fixes and improvements.
Edge Dev 80.0.320.3 comes with the following change log.
What's new in Edge Dev 80.0.320.3
- Added the ability for websites installed as apps to be restored when a browser session is restored after update, crash, etc.
- Added support for an upstream Chromium policy that allows a user to remember a decision to open a link using another application (for example, to join a meeting in Microsoft Teams).
- Added support for periods in single-word intranet URLs.
- Added the ability to delete Collections items using the Delete keyboard key.
- Added a dialog for when browser sign-in is disabled by policy.
- Fixed an issue where Edge crashes shortly after launch for some users if sync is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking the back button crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where editing text in the address bar sometimes causes a browser crash.
- Fixed a browser crash when updating extensions.
- Fixed an issue where using the built-in abusive ad blocker sometimes causes the browser to crash upon launch.
- Fixed an issue where certain websites like YouTube rendered huge, making them unusable.
- Fixed an issue where print preview does not load.
- Fixed an issue where PDFs sometimes don’t load properly.
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking on a PDF sometimes causes the tab to crash.
- Fixed an issue where navigating to certain webpages with videos causes the tab to crash.
- Fixed an issue where Application Guard windows hang upon startup.
- Fixed an issue where all Edge windows open completely white with no UI, but disabling Application Guard mitigates the issue.
- Fixed an issue where certain DRM-protected videos don’t play.
- Fixed an issue where certain protected videos like from Netflix don’t work.
- Fixed an issue where tooltips don’t appear.
- Improved the reliability of history and favorites items appearing in the address bar suggestions dropdown.
- Improved the reliability of installation.
- Fixed an issue where Single Sign-On stops working and users unexpectedly see a username/password prompt to log into websites.
- Fixed an issue where two Edge shortcuts are sometimes on the Taskbar after an update.
- Fixed an issue where Work profiles that were erroneously added to the browser were unremovable.
- Fixed an issue where Application Guard windows open when the browser is launched even though they shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue where enabling Application Guard sometimes causes downloads to be blocked in non-Application Guard windows.
- Fixed an issue where the first run experience sometimes runs every time the browser is opened.
- Fixed an issue where the profile Settings page has no way for the user to fix an issue with their browser sign-in when one is needed.
- Fixed an issue where sync can’t be turned off while it’s in the “setting up” state.
- Fixed an issue where certain UI buttons show $1 instead of their keyboard shortcut in their tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where the favorites bar is shown when in full screen mode.
- Fixed an issue where Collections content sometimes gets truncated.
- Fixed an issue where Spellcheck squigglies appear in Collections items even though they aren’t actionable.
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect image is used when adding certain webpages to a Collection.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the button to open the text styles flyout in a Collection sometimes doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where text styling in a Collection isn’t applied properly when using the keyboard to do the selection.
- Fixed the text style dropdown when editing text in a Collection.
- Fixed an issue where Collections contents sometimes can’t be deleted.
- Fixed an issue where the cancel button isn’t functional in certain Collections dialogs.
- Fixed some issues with the Mac Touch Bar when working with multiple tabs at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where open tabs sometimes aren’t properly imported from Chrome.
- Fixed an issue where extensions aren’t sorted by name on the Extensions management page.
- Improved compatibility of certain websites with Tracking Prevention.
- Fixed an issue where Edge shortcuts were created in the wrong location in the Start menu.
As you may already know, Microsoft is currently using three channels to deliver updates to Edge Insiders. The Canary channel receives updates daily (except Saturday and Sunday), the Dev channel is getting updates weekly, and the Beta channel is updated every 6 weeks. The stable channel is also on its way to users.
Actual Microsoft Edge Versions
The actual pre-release versions of Edge Chromium at the moment of this writing are as follows:
I have covered many Edge tricks and features in the following post:
Also, see the following updates.
- Microsoft Edge Gets a New Logo
- Enable Dark Mode for All Sites in Microsoft Edge
- Edge Chromium Is Now Default PDF Reader, Here is How to Change This
- Edge Chromium Receives Weather Forecast and Greetings on New Tab Page
- Edge Removes The Block Option from Media AutoPlay Blocking
- Edge Chromium: Tab Freezing, High Contrast Mode Support
- Edge Chromium: Block Third-party Cookies for InPrivate Mode, Extension Access to Search
- Microsoft Gradually Gets Rid of Rounded UI in Edge Chromium
- Edge Now Allows Disabling Feedback Smiley Button
- Block Potentially Unwanted Apps For Downloads in Microsoft Edge
- Global Media Controls in Microsoft Edge Receive a Dismiss Button
- Microsoft Edge: New AutoPlay Blocking Options, Updated Tracking Prevention
- Turn Off News Feed on New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge
- Enable Extensions Menu Button in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Remove Feedback Smiley Button in Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Edge Will No Longer Support ePub
- Latest Microsoft Edge Canary Features Tab Hover Cards
- Microsoft Edge Now De-Elevates Itself Automatically
- Microsoft Details Edge Chromium Roadmap
- Microsoft Enables Global Media Controls in Microsoft Edge
- How to Use Cloud Powered Voices in Microsoft Edge Chormium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Never Translate, Prepopulate Find with Text Selection
- Enable Caret Browsing in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Enable IE Mode in Chromium Edge
- Stable Update Channel Made its First Appearance for Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Receives an Updated Password Reveal Button
- What are Controlled Feature Roll-outs in Microsoft Edge
- Edge Canary Adds New InPrivate Text Badge, New Sync Options
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Clear Browsing Data on Exit
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Now Allows Switching Theme
- Microsoft Edge: Support for Windows Spell Checker in Chromium Engine
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Prepopulate Find with Text Selection
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Gets Tracking Prevention Settings
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Change Display Language
- Group Policy Templates for Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Pin Sites To Taskbar, IE Mode
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Will Allow Uninstalling PWAs as Desktop Apps
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Includes YouTube Video Info in Volume Control OSD
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Canary Features Dark Mode Improvements
- Show Icon Only for Bookmark in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Autoplay Video Blocker is coming to Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium is Receiving New Tab Page Customization Options
- Enable Microsoft Search in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Grammar Tools Are Now Available in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Now Follows System Dark Theme
- Here’s how Microsoft Edge Chromium looks on macOS
- Microsoft Edge Chromium now installs PWAs in the root of the Start menu
- Enable Translator in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Dynamically Changes Its User Agent
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Warns When Running as Administrator
- Change Search Engine In Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Hide or Show Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Install Chrome Extensions in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Enable Dark Mode in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Chrome Features Removed and Replaced by Microsoft in Edge
- Microsoft Released Chromium-based Edge Preview Versions
- Chromium-Based Edge to Support 4K and HD Video Streams
- Microsoft Edge Insider extension now available in Microsoft Store
- Hands-on with the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Edge Insider Addons Page Revealed
- Microsoft Translator is Now Integrated with Microsoft Edge Chromium
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: