The team behind the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge released a new build of the browser. Starting with build 160, Microsoft Edge automatically follows the system dark theme which the user can enable in Settings > Personalization.
— Sergey Tkachenko (@winreview) May 15, 2019
While the change log is not available for Canary builds, one of the changes can be easily spotted.
As you may remember, you could enable dark mode in Microsoft Edge Chromium manually. Version 184.108.40.206 changes this. Now the browser respects the user preferences made under Personalization > Colors in the Settings app of Windows 10.
The following video shows the change in action:
Tip: You can subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Another change is the spellchecker feature enabled of out the box for the default language of Windows 10. See the following screenshot:
At the moment of this writing, Edge versions are as follows:
- Beta Channel: 220.127.116.11
- Dev Channel: 18.104.22.168
- Canary Channel: 22.214.171.124
As you may already know, Microsoft Edge, the default web browser of Windows 10, is moving to a Chromium-compatible web engine in the Desktop version. Microsoft explains that the intention behind this move is to create better web compatibility for customers and less fragmentation for web developers. Microsoft has already made a number of contributions to the Chromium project, helping to port the project to Windows on ARM. The company promises to contribute more to the Chromium project.
I have already many Edge tricks and features in the following post:
Check it out.
The browser installs updates automatically. Also, you can manually check for updates by visiting the menu Help > About Microsoft Edge. Finally, you can grab the Edge installer from the following page:
Here is everything you need to know about the new Microsoft Edge browser:
- Here’s how Microsoft Edge Chromium looks on macOS
- Microsoft Edge Chromium now installs PWAs in the root of the Start menu
- Enable Translator in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Dynamically Changes Its User Agent
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Warns When Running as Administrator
- Change Search Engine In Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Hide or Show Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Install Chrome Extensions in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Enable Dark Mode in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Chrome Features Removed and Replaced by Microsoft in Edge
- Microsoft Released Chromium-based Edge Preview Versions
- Chromium-Based Edge to Support 4K and HD Video Streams
- Microsoft Edge Insider extension now available in Microsoft Store
- Hands-on with the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Edge Insider Addons Page Revealed
- Microsoft Translator is Now Integrated with Microsoft Edge Chromium