Microsoft has updated the Your Phone app with support for multiple devices. The change is already active for Insiders. It is one of the long awaited changes for users who have more than one Android smartphone.
Windows 10 comes with a special app, Your Phone, that allows pairing your Android or iOS smartphone with your desktop computer and browse your phone data on the PC.
Recent versions of Your Phone app show a notification toast for a message received on your paired Android phone.
Your Phone was first introduced during Build 2018. The app is intended to allow users to sync their smartphones running Android or iOS with Windows 10. The app allows syncing Messages, Photos, and Notifications with a device running Windows 10, e.g. to view and edit photos stored on your smartphone directly on the computer.
Since its first introduction, the app has received tons of new features and improvements. The app supports Dual SIM devices. In addition to the battery level indicator, and inline replies, the app is able to render the background image of your smartphone.
Some of the features of the Your Phone app are hidden for the user, but you can unblock them.
Multiple Device Support
There is a new button in the user interface, Add a device, which you can find in the app settings. Simply click on it, and the app will run a setup wizard for you.
Earlier this month, Microsoft has updated the Your Phone app with the ability to delete photos directly from the phone's memory. The change is also available for Insiders. There is no information when both features will reach consumers.
Articles of interest
- Copy Text From Image in Your Phone App in Windows 10
- Force enable Your Phone app's secret hidden features in Windows 10
- Windows 10 Your Phone app will show audio currently playing from the phone
- Your Phone app Now Supports File Drag-and-Drop on Samsung Phones
- Make Your Phone App Use Your Smartphone Wallpaper as Background
- Windows 10 Your Phone App Now Allows Making Calls from PC to Android Users
- Your Phone App Now Allows Responding to Notifications from Notifications Page
- Your Phone app now syncs your phone’s wallpaper
- Check Android Phone Battery Level in Windows 10 Your Phone App
- Disable Taskbar Badge for Your Phone App in Windows 10
- Disable Your Phone App Notifications for Android Messages
- Disable Send and Receive MMS Attachments in Your Phone app
- Specify Android Apps to Show Notifications in Your Phone app
- Turn On or Off Android Notifications in Your Phone app
- Turn On or Off Your Phone Notifications for Android in Windows 10
- Uninstall and Remove Your Phone App In Windows 10
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: