Microsoft today released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22533 to the Dev Channel. It is already to Windows Insiders, and brings a ton of long awaited features. A redesigned volume slider that appears no laptops when you press hotkeys is among them. Also, there are official ISOs if you want to clean install this build.
What's new in Windows 11 Build 22533
New volume slider and other flyouts
Brightness, volume, camera privacy, camera on/off, and airplane mode pop-up indicators have received a new design to match Windows 11 appearance.
The new flyouts will appear when you press the volume or brightness keys on your laptop keyboard. As you could expect, they support both the system dark and light themes. The brightness and volume controls are interactive, so you click them to change the level.
Voice and input
- You can now search for voice access from the taskbar and pin voice access to your taskbar or Start like other apps as well as turn it on/ off.
- Touch keyboard themes can now be applied to the IME, emoji bar, and voice input for all Insiders in the Dev channel. This feature was first introduced in build 22504.
- It is now possible to uninstall the Clock app like any other app.
- Also, When you press Win + X or right-click the Start button, the menu will now have the “Installed apps” entry instead of “Apps & Features”.
- The Your Phone apps has got a new Calls experience. It now includes a new in-progress call window with updated icons, fonts, and other UI changes made of the Windows 11 style. The functionality of calls remains intact.
- Microsoft has stopped the rollout of the weather in the taskbar, which is simply an entry point to the Widgets panel. Microsoft will soon make it available to most insiders on the Dev channel. But today's build will revert it back to the static Widgets button.
Besides the mentioned novelties, there are fixes and general improvements. Check out the list in the official announcement.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!