Microsoft is rolling out a new feature of the Your Phone app to Windows 10 user. After testing in the Fast Ring, the ability to make calls from the PC is now available to Android phone users.
Windows 10 comes with a special app, Your Phone, that allows pairing your Android or iOS smartphone with your desktop computer and browse your phone data on the PC. Recent versions of Your Phone app show a notification toast for a message received on your paired Android phone.
Your Phone was first introduced during Build 2018. The app is intended to allow users to sync their smartphones running Android or iOS with Windows 10. The app allows syncing Messages, Photos, and Notifications with a device running Windows 10, e.g. to view and edit photos stored on your smartphone directly on the computer.
Since its first introduction, the app has received tons of new features and improvements. The app supports Dual SIM devices.
Microsoft has announced the general availability of the YourPhone app Calls feature, which allows you to receive and make phone calls on your PC. It has been announced by the official Twitter account of the Windows Insider program.
Thank you #WindowsInsiders for your feedback over the last couple of months. Today, we're pleased to announce the general availability of the #YourPhone app Calls feature, which allows you to receive and make phone calls on your PC: https://t.co/m47kLcXgbS pic.twitter.com/4GuIOXjR71
— Windows Insider (@windowsinsider) December 11, 2019
So, the Your Phone app now lets you to receive and to make calls from the PC, as well as to access contacts and call history. You can also move a call back to your Android device phone. Your Android smartphone must be linked to your Windows 10 device via Bluetooth in order to make this feature work.
Note: Microsoft is releasing the update gradually. You may not see it right away.
Articles of interest:
- Your Phone App Now Allows Responding to Notifications from Notifications Page
- Your Phone app now syncs your phone’s wallpaper
- Check Android Phone Battery Level in Windows 10 Your Phone App
- Disable Taskbar Badge for Your Phone App in Windows 10
- Disable Your Phone App Notifications for Android Messages
- Disable Send and Receive MMS Attachments in Your Phone app
- Specify Android Apps to Show Notifications in Your Phone app
- Turn On or Off Android Notifications in Your Phone app
- Turn On or Off Your Phone Notifications for Android in Windows 10
- Uninstall and Remove Your Phone App In Windows 10
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
Wonderful Feature from Microsoft!
I really appreciate the way you have written and explained. Worth reading it.
Thanks for sharing it with us.