Windows 10 includes a Calendar app, that is pretty simple but useful. It allows scheduling meetings, events, and set reminders. A new update to its preview version reveals a search feature recently added to the app.
Windows 10 has a Calendar app pre-installed out of the box. It is available in the Start menu. Occasionally, it receives updates from the Microsoft Store. It is useful for those who need just a basic calendar app for storing important events, appointments, holidays etc.
Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 are new apps from Microsoft to help you stay up-to-date on your email, manage your schedule, and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on what’s important across all your accounts. It supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts. Also, you can make Windows 10 Calendar show national holidays.
An internal in-development version of the Calendar app has reportedly received the search feature (see the screenshot).
The updated Calendar app now comes with the search bar to the top. It allows searching for events, showing a list of what it found. Clicking on the list row opens the event in the app.
It is not known when the update will reach the production branch. This upcoming change wasn't officially announced yet.
You can find the Mail and Calendar app on Microsoft Store.
- Add Alternative Calendars to Windows 10 Calendar
- Specify Work Week Days in Windows 10 Calendar
- Enable Week Numbers for Calendar app in Windows 10
- Create New Event in Calendar in Windows 10
- Change First Day of Week in Windows 10 Calendar
- Prevent Cortana from Accessing Contacts, Email, and Calendar in Windows 10
- Disable App Access To Calendar In Windows 10
- Disable Calendar Agenda in Windows 10
- Make Windows 10 Calendar show national holidays
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: