Recently we have covered a change that was coming to the Your Phone app. Microsoft was internally working on a new Settings page for the built-in Your Phone app. The updated Settings have the options arranged by categories, and a new 'My Devices' section. The change has officially become available to Insiders.
Windows 10 comes with a special app, Your Phone, that allows pairing your Android or iOS smartphone with your desktop computer and browse your phone data on the PC.
Recent versions of Your Phone app show a notification toast for a message received on your paired Android phone.
Your Phone was first introduced during Build 2018. The app is intended to allow users to sync their smartphones running Android or iOS with Windows 10. The app allows syncing Messages, Photos, and Notifications with a device running Windows 10, e.g. to view and edit photos stored on your smartphone directly on the computer.
Since its first introduction, the app has received tons of new features and improvements. The app supports Dual SIM devices. In addition to the battery level indicator, and inline replies, the app is able to render the background image of your smartphone.
Some of the features of the Your Phone app are hidden for the user, but you can unblock them.
The New Settings page
The new Settings page of the Your Phone features a new look of the siderbar that reminds of the Start menu. There is a light-gray line that hosts the icons of app features, that remain always visible. The settings are now arranged into categories.
With this new settings page, you can now link a new device, remove an old device, and switch between active devices all easily within the app. Microsoft has also made visual improvements to displaying your device list. Now each device is identifiable on its own device card with your personally sync’d wallpaper.
Articles of interest
- Your Phone Notifications gets a new pinning feature
- Your Phone app to get Contacts, Sent from Phone, and more
- Windows 10 Your Phone app receives customizable notification banners
- Your Phone app receives new Settings page with categories of options
- Your Phone’s Android apps on Desktop are rolling out to non-Insiders
- Your Phone app now allows pinning notifications
- Your Phone app allows running Android apps on Windows desktop
- Your Phone allows performing calls from messages
- Your Phone now supports multiple devices
- Copy Text From Image in Your Phone App in Windows 10
- Force enable Your Phone app's secret hidden features in Windows 10
- Windows 10 Your Phone app will show audio currently playing from the phone
- Your Phone app Now Supports File Drag-and-Drop on Samsung Phones
- Make Your Phone App Use Your Smartphone Wallpaper as Background
- Windows 10 Your Phone App Now Allows Making Calls from PC to Android Users
- Your Phone App Now Allows Responding to Notifications from Notifications Page
- Your Phone app now syncs your phone’s wallpaper
- Check Android Phone Battery Level in Windows 10 Your Phone App
- Disable Taskbar Badge for Your Phone App in Windows 10
- Disable Your Phone App Notifications for Android Messages
- Disable Send and Receive MMS Attachments in Your Phone app
- Specify Android Apps to Show Notifications in Your Phone app
- Turn On or Off Android Notifications in Your Phone app
- Turn On or Off Your Phone Notifications for Android in Windows 10
- Uninstall and Remove Your Phone App In Windows 10
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!