In addition to audio and data loss issues (issue #1, issue #2), Windows 10 October 2018 Update is causing font issues for a number of users. The fonts appear broken in Settings and third-party apps like Foobar2000.
The broken fonts in Settings:
The missing 'star' symbol in Foobar2000 for the rating value:
Thankfully, this issue can be fixed. Affected users can try to update their drivers. Here are some helpful links:
To fix the font issue, download the latest driver version available for your video card and install it. If you already have the latest driver installed, uninstall the installed driver and install it once again.
It looks like the driver update changes the font cache and updates the font fallback settings, so everything goes back to normal.
Unfortunately, it is not known yet when the fixed version of the OS will include a patch for this issue. If you are already on Windows 10 version 1809, it might be a good idea to rollback the upgrade and go back to a previous Windows version until all the issues are discovered and fixed.
You might be interested in reading the following articles related to the subject:
- There is another serious bug in Windows 10 version 1809
- Fix No Audio Issue in Windows 10 version 1809 | KB4468550 fixes the Intel Audio issue in Windows 10 version 1809
- Fix Action Center Doesn’t Show Notifications in Windows 10 version 1809
- Windows 10 Version 1809 Removes User Data
- Microsoft Puts Windows 10 Version 1809 Rollout on Hold
- How To Delay Windows 10 October 2018 Update Version 1809
- What’s New In Windows 10 October 2018 Update Version 1809
- Features Removed from Windows 10 version 1809 October 2018 Update
Source: Windows Latest
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: