Some time ago, NVIDIA released a version of their Control Panel for drivers to the Microsoft Store. Anyone can get it installed. However, it doesn't work out of the box. The app is locked to certain drivers and (probably) OEMs.
The app's page on the Store comes with the following description:
Featuring display management, application, and gaming-specific features, the NVIDIA Control Panel ensures the best overall experience using NVIDIA graphics
You can get it here:
I have installed it and tried to open it. However, the app shows the following message:
Supported NVIDIA Driver is not installed on your system.
And recommends me to install the latest version of the driver.
The NVIDIA Control Panel software doesn’t appear to be a native UWP app. The company has used Microsoft’s Desktop Bridge to convert the classic Win32 app to a Microsoft Store-compatible version.
To bypass the limitation and get the Store app working (e.g. if you are interested in testing it), you can apply a Registry tweak. This will unblock the NVIDIA's control panel app, so it can be used with any driver.
Unblock NVIDIA Control Panel Store App
- Go to this page on the Store and click on the Get button to install the NVIDIA Control Panel app.
- Wait till it gets installed on your computer.
- Do not click on the Launch button.
- Now, open the Registry Editor app.
- Go to the following Registry key.
See how to go to a Registry key with one click.
- On the right, create a new 32-Bit DWORD value EnableRID69527.
Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
Set its value to 1.
- Now, click on the Launch button in the Store app.
You will get the NVIDIA Control Panel app working. Here is how it looks in my case.
Credits: Rafael Rivera.
- How to Restart Video Driver in Windows 10
- How to Set Preferred GPU for Apps in Windows 10
- How to See if PC supports Mixed Reality in Windows 10
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!