Several days ago, Intel released its first GPU driver with the official support for Windows 11. If you are running Windows 11 preview on a PC with a CPU+GPU from Intel, you can install an optimized GPU driver for a better experience. Now a similar update is available for GPUs from NVIDIA. You can download Game-Ready WHQL Driver 471.41 from the official website or GeForce Experience.
The most notable changes in version 471.41 include support for Windows 11 and CUDA 11.4. Here are additional bug fixes and improvements in this release:
- Mouse cursor color may shift when connected to certain DSC monitors in HDR mode.
- Ansel DOF filter blurs the entire screen in some games.
- Some displays screen resolution limited to 640x480 after driver update.
- HDMI audio playback may become distorted after changing display modes.
- Remote desktop connection to PC with color set to 10-bit will result in corrupted picture.
- GPU HDMI audio dropouts may occur when connected to an LG C9 OLED TV
Detailed patch notes with game-specific bug fixes are available here.
In case you missed it, NVIDIA recently announced plans to ditch support for Windows 7 and Windows 8. Release R495, which is due to release in October 2021, will work only on Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Apart from dropping old Windows versions, NVIDIA is to stop supporting Kepler-based GPUs. Those include NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 and GTX 700 Series except 750 and 750 Ti, which are Maxwell-based cards. Unlike NVIDIA, AMD has already stopped supporting Windows 7 and Windows 8. The latest Radeon Software now requires Windows 10 or newer.
With Windows 11-optimized drivers available from Intel and NVIDIA, AMD remains the only mainstream GPU manufacturer without official drivers for Windows 11. That should not be a problem right now, considering Windows 11 remains several months from public release.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!