On October 5, 2021, Microsoft launched Windows 11 and new Surface computers that come with latest operating system preinstalled. To help customers get the most out of their Surface computers, Microsoft offers a special Surface app on the Microsoft Store. Recently, the application received a big update with 36 new languages and a couple of new features. Here is how Microsoft describes its Surface app.
"Get the most out of your Surface. The Surface app provides you with customization options and opportunity to learn more about your Surface device. Give feedback on your experience so we can keep making it better. Safety, warranty, and regulatory info is there whenever you need it."
What is new in the updated Surface app on Windows 11
October 2021 update for the Surface app brings the following improvements and changes.
- Microsoft reworked the user experience to complement the "premium hardware experience" users get with the latest Surface device.
- Added support for Surface accessories, audio devices, pens, and docks.
- Added smart charging support on compatible devices.
- Users can also find new promotions for eligible Surface computers.
- Finally, the Surface app now supports 36 new languages. Microsoft does not say which languages are now available in the latest version, but you can check the complete list of supported localizations on the app's page on the Microsoft Store.
You can download the Surface app from the Microsoft Store using this link.
As for firmware updates for Surface devices themselves, it appears that Microsoft slowed down the firmware update rollouts. The AMD-based Surface Laptop 4 is yet to receive its first update since its launch in April 2021. Also, the latest Surface Pro X, Surface Go 3, Surface Pro 8, and Surface Laptop Studio went on sale without "day-one" patches.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!