Microsoft Edge Dev 92.0.902.2 is now available to Insiders. In addition to the traditional set of fixes, there are a number of new useful features. You can now make Edge auto-enable Reading mode for compatible websites. There are also improved PWA menus, and flyouts now remember their pinned state.
- Added a feature flag to enter Immersive Reader automatically when navigating to an eligible page.
- Improved the … menu in PWAs and websites installed as apps to only show relevant options.
- Finished rolling out the new Extensions menu, Smart History Search, and Price History.
- Enabled by default the ability to pin the Favorites, History, etc. menus and have that state remembered, as well as the Collections popup menu.
- Added management policies to control if the setting for AAD Website SSO Using This Profile is Enabled, the Automatic HTTPS Default setting, if Internet Explorer Integration to Reload In IE Mode is Allowed, the Internet Explorer Integration Local Site List Expiration in Days, and if Local Browser Data Share is Enabled, which controls how Edge shares local user data with the Windows Search Indexer. Note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have happened yet.
- Fixed an issue where new tabs crash as soon as they’re opened.
- Fixed an issue where navigating to certain websites sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where typing into a password field sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash when closing a tab.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where closing a tab sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash when opening InPrivate windows.
- Fixed a crash when installing a PWA or website as an app.
- Fixed a crash using Smart Copy or Web Capture.
- Fixed an issue where opening items in a Collection sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where searching for a setting sometimes crashes the Settings page.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where searching for settings causes the Settings page to go blank.
- Fixed an issue where the Settings page to view all permissions for a particular website is blank.
- Fixed a hang when opening the browser.
- Fixed an issue where AV1 videos sometimes don’t work.
- Fixed an issue where certain videos, like on Amazon, fail to play with the error “video unavailable”.
- Fixed an issue where recent tabs aren’t restored via ctrl+shift+T if a PWA or a website installed as an app has recently been closed.
- Re-enabled PWAs and websites installed as apps to be restored with the browser’s previous session.
- Fixed an issue where the dialog to restore tabs after the browser unexpectedly shuts down sometimes appears unexpectedly if certain extensions are installed.
- Fixed an issue where the Default Cookie Setting management policy unexpectedly disables the setting to Block Third-Party Cookies.
- Fixed an issue on Linux where sync doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue with syncing favorites.
- Fixed an issue where printing multiple times sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where the History popup sometimes scrolls or goes blank unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue where new windows couldn’t be opened from the Jumplist.
- Fixed an issue where tooltips sometimes get stuck onscreen.
- Fixed an issue where the list of trackers in the site info popup is blank.
- Fixed an issue where corrupted extensions can’t be repaired.
- Fixed an issue where favorites imported from another browser sometimes aren’t arranged correctly.
- Fixed an issue where importing certain types of data from other browsers fails.
- Fixed an issue where the “Switch to this tab” button in the address bar dropdown sometimes goes to the wrong tab.
- Fixed an issue where Web Capture or Smart Copy don’t automatically scroll when selecting content.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where keyboard shortcuts sometimes have missing or incorrect symbols.
- Fixed an issue where certain UI like the new tab button is unexpectedly colored red.
- Deprecated the management policy to control if Internet Explorer Integration Testing is Allowed.
- Obsoleted the management policy to Enable Sha 1 For Local Anchors.
- Disabled Kids Mode on Linux.
The browser should automatically install this update for existing Edge Dev users. You also can force update your browser by opening Edge settings to the About page. For that, you can open it directly by typing
edge://settings/help into the address bar.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!