Microsoft Edge build 220.127.116.11 is out to the Dev channel of the browser, bringing a number of fixes and new options to Insiders. Here are the changes in this release.
Starting in build 18.104.22.168, Tracking Prevention is fully available in the Dev Channel.
Also, the ability to sync saved passwords, addresses, and other form data is available to everyone on the Canary and Dev branch.
Finally, sign-in and syncing is available for work and school accounts in all three channels. Like syncing for personal accounts, there are certain types of items like history that aren't available to sync just yet but will be coming in the future. To learn more, you can read our blog post here: https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2019/08/21/sign-in-sync-work-school-accounts-aad-websso.
Other changes include:
- Added a warning message when giving websites permission to access a device’s location if Windows 10’s global location permission is disabled.
- Added support for exiting full screen mode using the ESC key on Mac.
- Added the ability for websites to detect when they’re running on Windows in S mode.
- Fixed a crash during the first run experience.
- Fixed an issue where navigating to a new site in an IE mode tab sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where IE mode tabs crashed when opening certain URLs.
- Fixed an issue where using IE mode in InPrivate sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where an IE mode tab that’s frozen can sometimes freeze the entire browser.
- Fixed an issue where searching for apps on edge://apps sometimes causes the page to crash.
- Fixed an issue where some websites installed as apps won’t load on Mac.
- Fixed a crash when using media casting.
- Fixed an issue where searching in the address bar sometimes uses Bing despite a different search provider being selected.
- Fixed an issue where searches from the address bar sometimes bring back results from the wrong locale.
- Fixed an issue where right clicking on some browser UI is instead treated as a left click.
- Fixed an issue where the tooltip for the Stop button had a placeholder string in it ($1).
- Fixed an issue where browser syncing sometimes gets stuck in the “Initialization” state.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the theme selection dropdown in Settings didn’t work.
- Changed the keyboard combination to open the More menu (…) on Mac.
- Fixed an issue where screenshots weren’t able to be sent alongside feedback.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling websites that were installed as apps from the Start Menu doesn’t remove them from the edge://apps page.
- Fixed an issue where opening PDF files using Application Guard sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where IE mode tabs would sometimes prevent the window they’re in from being closed.
- Fixed an issue where IE mode tabs sometimes don’t have their content sized properly when the tab first loads.
- Fixed an issue where using Read Aloud sometimes causes webpage content to move unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue where the link to manage favorites opens in the current tab instead of a new one.
- Changed management policies to apply to all installed channels on Mac instead of targeting individual channels.
As you may already know, Microsoft is currently using three channels to deliver updates to Edge Insiders. The Canary channel receives updates daily (except Saturday and Sunday), the Dev channel is getting updates weekly, and the Beta channel is updated every 6 weeks. The stable channel is also on its way to users.
Actual Edge Versions
The new Microsoft Edge browser installs updates automatically. Also, you can manually check for updates by visiting the menu Help > About Microsoft Edge. Finally, you can grab the Edge installer from the following page:
I have covered many Edge tricks and features in the following post:
Also, see the following updates.
- Microsoft Details Edge Chromium Roadmap
- Microsoft Enables Global Media Controls in Microsoft Edge
- How to Use Cloud Powered Voices in Microsoft Edge Chormium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Never Translate, Prepopulate Find with Text Selection
- Enable Caret Browsing in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Enable IE Mode in Chromium Edge
- Stable Update Channel Made its First Appearance for Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Receives an Updated Password Reveal Button
- What are Controlled Feature Roll-outs in Microsoft Edge
- Edge Canary Adds New InPrivate Text Badge, New Sync Options
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Clear Browsing Data on Exit
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Now Allows Switching Theme
- Microsoft Edge: Support for Windows Spell Checker in Chromium Engine
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Prepopulate Find with Text Selection
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Gets Tracking Prevention Settings
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Change Display Language
- Group Policy Templates for Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Pin Sites To Taskbar, IE Mode
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Will Allow Uninstalling PWAs as Desktop Apps
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Includes YouTube Video Info in Volume Control OSD
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Canary Features Dark Mode Improvements
- Show Icon Only for Bookmark in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Autoplay Video Blocker is coming to Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium is Receiving New Tab Page Customization Options
- Enable Microsoft Search in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Grammar Tools Are Now Available in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Now Follows System Dark Theme
- Here’s how Microsoft Edge Chromium looks on macOS
- Microsoft Edge Chromium now installs PWAs in the root of the Start menu
- Enable Translator in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Dynamically Changes Its User Agent
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Warns When Running as Administrator
- Change Search Engine In Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Hide or Show Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Install Chrome Extensions in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Enable Dark Mode in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Chrome Features Removed and Replaced by Microsoft in Edge
- Microsoft Released Chromium-based Edge Preview Versions
- Chromium-Based Edge to Support 4K and HD Video Streams
- Microsoft Edge Insider extension now available in Microsoft Store
- Hands-on with the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Edge Insider Addons Page Revealed
- Microsoft Translator is Now Integrated with Microsoft Edge Chromium
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: