Microsoft is releasing a new development version of their Chromium-based Edge browser. Version 126.96.36.199 comes with a number of improvements made to the user interface of the browser, along with a list of fixes for PC and Mac.
Here are the key changes in this version.
New features and behavior
Note: These features must be familiar to Edge Canary users.
- Added an option to show only the icon for individual favorites on the favorites bar.
- Added dark theme support for full page screens (Settings, History, etc.)
- Added more languages that you can display Microsoft Edge in.
- Added the ability to choose which categories of diagnostic data are sent with feedback.
- Changed the ability to pin a website to the desktop into the ability to pin a website to the taskbar.
- Separated the ability to import cards and payment info from certain browsers away from the option to import other autofill data like names and addresses.
Fixes for improved reliability
- Fixed an issue where navigating to a website that’s saved as a favorite by typing its address into the address bar crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where opening the DevTools in an InPrivate window sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where selecting an item from the address bar dropdown sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where signing out of the browser sometimes crashes it.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to sign into the browser sometimes leaves it in a broken state.
- Fixed a crash when using Read Aloud.
- Fixed an issue where installation was sometimes failing.
Fixes for improved behavior
- Fixed an issue where some favorites on the favorites bar spontaneously lost their text.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where videos on certain websites don’t cause the video controls to appear on the touch bar.
- Fixed an issue where searching from the address bar doesn’t work with certain search providers.
- Fixed an issue where certain context menu items were incorrectly appearing in some DevTools context menus.
- Fixed some strings that weren’t translated.
- Fixed an issue where the + button to open new tabs sometimes wasn’t the correct color.
- Improved drag and drop responsiveness on the Favorites page.
- Fixed some layout issues on the Extensions page when using certain localized builds.
At the moment of this writing, the latest Microsoft Edge Chromium versions are as follows.
I have covered many Edge tricks and features in the following post:
Also, see the following updates.
- Group Policy Templates for Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium: Pin Sites To Taskbar, IE Mode
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Will Allow Uninstalling PWAs as Desktop Apps
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Includes YouTube Video Info in Volume Control OSD
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Canary Features Dark Mode Improvements
- Show Icon Only for Bookmark in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Autoplay Video Blocker is coming to Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium is Receiving New Tab Page Customization Options
- Enable Microsoft Search in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Grammar Tools Are Now Available in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Now Follows System Dark Theme
- Here’s how Microsoft Edge Chromium looks on macOS
- Microsoft Edge Chromium now installs PWAs in the root of the Start menu
- Enable Translator in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Dynamically Changes Its User Agent
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Warns When Running as Administrator
- Change Search Engine In Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Hide or Show Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Install Chrome Extensions in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Enable Dark Mode in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Chrome Features Removed and Replaced by Microsoft in Edge
- Microsoft Released Chromium-based Edge Preview Versions
- Chromium-Based Edge to Support 4K and HD Video Streams
- Microsoft Edge Insider extension now available in Microsoft Store
- Hands-on with the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Edge Insider Addons Page Revealed
- Microsoft Translator is Now Integrated with Microsoft Edge Chromium