Here is how to uninstall Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11 if you find no use for it. This feature allows users to run Android applications on Windows 11 with a native-like experience.
WSA is currently available as a public preview to Windows Insiders in the Beta channel, which means there are bugs, instabilities, and other issues Microsoft has to fix before shipping Android apps in Windows 11 to the public.
Still, you do not need to participate in the Windows Insider program to test Android applications on Windows 11. Enthusiasts managed to install Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11 Stable and Dev, learned how to sideload APK on Windows 11, and even found a way install the Google Play Store of Windows 11.
It is possible that after using Android apps on Windows 11, you might consider the capability too raw or not useful at all. In such a case, here is how to uninstall Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11.
Tip: You do not need to remove Windows Subsystem for Android from Windows 11 if you want to delete a single Android application. Learn how to delete Android apps on Windows 11 here.
Uninstall Windows Subsystem for Android in Windows 11
There are three ways to delete WSA from Windows 11. You can uninstall it directly from the Start menu, that is the fastest method. Additionally, you can use Settings and winget. So, to uninstall Windows Subsystem for Android in Windows 11, do the following.
- Close all Android apps.
- Open the Start menu and click the All apps button.
- Find Windows Subsystem for Android and right-click it.
- Select Uninstall and confirm the action.
- Alternatively, you can right-click and uninstall the Amazon App Store. Windows 11 will show you a warning that removing the store will also delete all Android apps and WSA.
- Wait for Windows to uninstall the subsystem and all installed apps. That might take a few minutes, depending on how many apps you use.
Uninstall Windows Subsystem for Android with Windows 11 Settings
- Close all running Android apps and WSA interfaces.
- Press Win + I to open the Windows Settings app.
- Go to the Apps section and click Apps & features.
- Find Windows Subsystem for Android in the list of apps and click the button with three dots.
- Select Uninstall and confirm the removal.
Remove Windows Subsystem for Android with winget
- Right-click the Start menu and select Windows Terminal. No need to run Terminal as Administrator.
winget listand press Enter to bring the list of all available apps.
- Find Windows Subsystem for Android and note its full name.
- Enter the following command:
winget uninstall "Windows Subsystem for AndroidTM". Change the package name if it is different on your device.
- Press Enter and wait for Windows 11 to remove WSA.
You can use the classic Control Panel for uninstalling Android apps on Windows 11. For better or for worth, that method does not work with WSA because Windows 11 does not register Windows Subsystem for Android in the Programs and Features list in the Control Panel.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!