Microsoft is moving closer to the public release of Edge 95, the next version of its Chromium-based browser. After testing new features and changes in Canary and Dev channels, Microsoft pushed Edge 95 to users in the Beta channel.
Tip: If you want to get early access to new features in the Edge browser, the Beta channel is the safest "place" to do so without risking encountering bugs or compatibility issues. You can learn more about the differences between Edge Canary, Dev, and Beta in our dedicated guide.
What is new in Edge 95 Beta
Microsoft plans to release Edge 95 in the stable channel on the week of October 21, 2021. Here are the most notable changes.
- You can turn on the View in File Explorer capability on SharePoint Online Modern Document Libraries.
- Microsoft Edge can now open Intranet zone file URL links in Windows File Explorer.
- Improved file download experience is now available in progressive web applications and WebView. Microsoft is also working on supporting drag and drop to the File Explorer and Desktop.
- Microsoft Edge can now remember the last location in large PDF files and allow you to continue where you left off.
- Efficiency mode in Microsoft Edge can now kick in when your laptop or tablet turns on battery saver mode. You can also force efficiency mode when unplugged, always or never.
- Design optimizations for Windows 11. Users with Windows 11 can now enjoy better looks with improved transparency effects on the tab strip and context menus.
You can find the full changelog for Edge 95 Beta (including new and deprecated policies) in the official documentation. To download Microsoft Edge Beta for all supported platforms, click this link to the official website. In case you missed it, here is the link to the changelog of the recently released Edge 94.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: