In this article, we will see how to disable OneDrive integration in Windows 10. After doing that, all presence of OneDrive in the OS will be hidden without removing or uninstalling OneDrive.
The synchronization feature in OneDrive relies on Microsoft Account. To use OneDrive, you have to create one first. Besides OneDrive, Microsoft Account can be used to log in to Windows 10, Office 365 and most online Microsoft services.
When OneDrive integration is disabled, the OneDrive app won't appear in the system tray (notification area), and will be hidden in the navigation pane of File Explorer too. It won't open at startup. Also, the OneDrive API won't be accessible for Store (UWP) and Desktop apps, so file synchronization will be disabled along with the ability to upload your files to the Cloud.
To disable OneDrive integration in Windows 10, do the following.
- Open the Registry Editor app.
- Go to the following Registry key.
See how to go to a Registry key with one click.
- On the right, modify or create a new 32-Bit DWORD value "DisableFileSyncNGSC". Set it to 1.Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
- Restart Windows 10.
This will disable disable OneDrive integration in Windows 10. To save your time, you can download the following Registry files.
The undo tweak is included.
Disable OneDrive Integration in Windows 10 with Group Policy Editor
If your Windows 10 edition comes with the Group Policy app, you can use it to avoid Registry editing.
- Press Win + R keys together on your keyboard and type:
- Group Policy Editor will open. Go to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\ Windows Components\OneDrive. Enable the policy option Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage as shown below.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!