About a month ago Word got an enhanced dark theme in the beta version of Office and now it is time for Android apps. Dark mode comes to Word, Excel and PowerPoint on Android.
Alessandro Paluzzi on Twitter has discovered the new Dark mode feature in Android apps. This include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the unified Office app. According to the screenshots he has shared, the user will be able to select between the Light, Dark, and System Default themes. The latter will follow your preferences on recent Android versions. Here some screenshots.
As you can see, it is still a work in progress, so some areas remain white.
Office for Android joins a galore of Microsoft's apps and services that already support dark mode, including OneDrive, Outlook, and more.
It is not yet known when Microsoft will release dark mode for Android apps. However, this should not take long.
If you are not familiar with Office apps for Android, here are the features available in them.
- Create, edit, and work together on documents with others in real-time.
- Store and access documents in the cloud or on your device.
- Easily access recent and frequently used Word, Excel, PowerPoint files stored in the cloud or on your device.
- Search for documents stored in the cloud, on your phone, or across your organization (if using a work account).
Uniquely mobile ways that make document creation easier:
- Snap a picture of a document and turn it into an editable Word file with the press of a button.
- Transform a picture of a table into an Excel spreadsheet so you can work with the data.
- Let PowerPoint help you design a presentation by simply selecting the pictures you want to use from your phone.
- Create automatically enhanced digital images of whiteboards and documents with Office Lens features integrated into the app.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: