How to Add or Remove Widget Buttons From Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10
Windows 10 comes with an Xbox Game Bar feature, which was part of the Xbox app. Starting with Creators Update version 1703, it is directly integrated into the operating system as a separate component that cannot be easily uninstalled so it's there even if you remove the Xbox app. It displays a set of 'Favorites' overlay buttons that you can customize.
The Game bar was part of the built-in Xbox app in Windows 10. Starting with Windows 10 build 15019, it is a standalone option in Settings. It provides a special graphical user interface which can be used to record the screen's contents, capture your gameplay and save it as a video, take screenshots and so on. Captured videos are saved as a .mp4 file, and screenshots are saved as a .png file in the folder C:\Users\your username\Videos\Captures. The latest version of Game Bar is based on the Universal Windows Platform (UWP).
In recent Windows 10 versions the updated Game Bar is now named Xbox Game Bar. The name change is intended to show tight integration of the feature with Microsoft's XBox Live gaming service.
You can customize the Xbox Game Bar to seamlessly jump between your game and your favorite gaming activities. For your convenience, it displays a number of widget buttons. Widgets are formerly known as Overlays.
- Audio – allows adjusting the sound levels of your game, chat, and background apps.
- Capture – Record a clip or take a screenshot of your game or app.
- Gallery – Opens recorded game clips and screenshots.
- Looking for Group – Can be used to find players for your favorite multiplayer games.
- Performance (Beta) – Allows tracking your game’s FPS and other real-time stats.
- Spotify – Allows managing and playing your Spotify songs.
- Xbox Achievements – Displays game progress and unlocked achievements.
- Xbox Chat – Access to voice or text chats.
To Add or Remove Widget Buttons From Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10,
- Open the Xbox Game Bar.
- Click on the Widget Menu button on the main panel (Home panel).
- Click on the Favorite (start) button in the list of available widgets to toggle enable the specific overlay.
- When a widget button is enabled, its icon appears as a solid star. Otherwise it is shown as an outlined star.
- If a widget is currently open, it will remain visible in the Home panel until you close it. Its icon will appear underlined.
Articles of interest
- Change Game Bar Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10
- How to Set Light or Dark Game Bar Theme in Windows 10
- How To Disable Game Bar Tips in Windows 10
- Disable Game Bar and Game DVR in Windows 10
- How To Change Game DVR Capture Folder in Windows 10
- Enable or Disable Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10
- How to Enable Game Mode in Windows 10
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!