A new version of Windows Tweaker was released today. As usual, I fixed issues reported by users and added some new features. Let's see these changes in detail.
- The feature "Disable Action Center" in Windows 10 now requires a restart. It is required for this tweak.
- The button Open Defender Options was not working correctly in non-English OS.
- All Advanced Appearance settings related to window appearance and metrics will modify the Registry directly. They will no longer use Windows API functions because they are buggy and produce issues for a notable amount of users.
- When "Show All Folders" is enabled in the Navigation pane of File Explorer, the folders which were removed from This PC were still visible in the left pane. This is fixed.
- Fixed incorrect 64-bit operating system detection in "Customize This PC Folders".
Added the ability to increase the taskbar transparency in Windows 10. This will allow you to have a more transparent taskbar than its default look.
Added the ability to hide the user name from the Lock screen in Windows 10 and Windows 8.
Added the ability to Disable Quick Action buttons in Windows 10 and Windows 8.
That's it. Feel free to report any bugs you find and make your own suggestions. You can download Winaero Tweaker here:
Download Winaero Tweaker | The list of Winaero Tweaker features | Winaero Tweaker FAQ
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!
11 thoughts on “Winaero Tweaker 0.5.0.3 is out”
The taskbar transparency feature is really cool. Reminds me of the good old days of Aero Glass in Windows 7 and Vista when the UI still looked nice.
I was wondering if you plan on expanding the custimisation of folders part the Tweaker offers. Right now we can change the live folder icons. Could you possibly add a functionality to change the standard default folder icon? So that all “normal” folders change to some icon we fancy? I know you can use the customization tab for each folder individually but then the view never changes between full and empty anymore and its a huge chore to do it for the gazillion folders on any PC.
This is possible. Added to my TO DO list.
Hi, Your continued work on winearo tweaker is much appreciated! I love the program and it keeps getting better. I have one question. The added transparency to the taskbar is a great feature. In the future, could you possibly increase the transparency of the start menu and action center as well? Thanks again!
I just downloaded the new version of win aero tweaker, I noticed a few bugs
1. The Increase Taskbar Transparency level does not work like the chckbox does not stay ticked when you close the program and the taskbar does not become more transparent.
2. The disable quickactions buttons tweak does not work at all.
also there should be an apply changes button for these two teaks.
Actually, both functions require sign out to be applied.
I forgot to add a request. Will do right now.
Fixed in Winaero Tweaker 0.5.0.4
Hi, Sergey! I have an idea/request. I would love to being able to export my list of changes as a *.reg file or to have something like a a profile with all the changes (A way to do a lot of changes with a couple of clicks, basically)
I think it would be quite useful not only for me.
Tanks for your time and excuse my poor English.
I am already working on the export feature :)
Hey, that’s great news!!
you are welcome.