Today, Microsoft holds a special annual hardware event, where the company expects to announce a bunch of new Surface devices. Microsoft will live stream the event, so everyone can join and watch the company unveil new tablets, smartphones, and laptops. Here is how you can watch the Surface event on September 22.
Microsoft has a dedicated presentation page on its official website, and it appears the company plans to use its proprietary streaming platform instead of traditional YouTube. Last time, when Microsoft unveiled Windows 11, the Redmond software giant had troubles with stream stability and overall quality. We can only hope things will be better this time (or they can simply use YouTube as everyone does). As a backup option, you can use this live stream on the event's page on Twitter.
In case you missed a couple of previous news, here is a brief recap of what we expect Microsoft to announce today:
- A highly-anticipated redesigned Surface Pro 8 with thinner bezels, 120Hz display, Thunderbolt ports, and 11th-gen Intel CPUs. One retailer recently leaked some of the key specs of Surface Pro 8.
- A second-gen Surface Duo with Snapdragon 888, high refresh rate displays, NFC, 5G support, wireless charging, and tremendously improved cameras. Again, an FCC documentation confirmed some of those specs several days ago.
- A fully redesigned Surface Book. Rumors claim Microsoft plans to ditch the detachable screen form-factor in favor of a more traditional idea for its high-performance laptop.
- A third-gen Surface Go, which is the cheapest Surface tablet you can buy.
- A third-gen Surface Pro X with better memory and a better ARM CPU.
All the new devices we expect from Microsoft to show up during the event should be running Windows 11 out of the box and appear on the storefronts somewhere near Windows 11 launch on October 5, 2021.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!