With two recent releases in this year, the Vivaldi browser has got some significant updates. Besides core changes, the browser got icons for bookmarked sites in the left pane. Additionally, the browser got new installer options and command line arguments which will allow the user to run multiple instances of Vivaldi and specify the browser profile from the command line.
Since the beginning of the year, the Vivaldi team has rolled out two new builds.
Vivaldi 1.0.365.3 introduced the the following interesting changes:
- When you hover over a link without the status bar enabled, the link target will popup in the bottom of the window, like it works in Chrome and Firefox.
- From now on, it is possible to run Vivaldi with multiple instances and different profiles. This will allow you to have Vivaldi Beta and Vivaldi Weekly installed simultaneously. It can be done as follows:
Vivaldi 1.0.375.3 adds the ability to switch tabs with the mouse scroll wheel when you hover over tabs and scroll up/down.
The following bugs are fixed which are worth mentioning:
- Fixed wrong zoom behavior with the Ctrl+Shift+mouse scroll sequence.
- Fixed password dialog pop-up.
Don't forget to check the Settings dialog. It features a lot of minor but useful options.
You can download Vivaldi 1.0.375.3 using these links:
- Windows 32-bit
- Windows 64-bit (unstable, experimental)
- OS X 10.7 and above
- Linux RPM 32-bit
- Linux RPM 64-bit
- Linux DEB 32-bit
- Linux DEB 64-bit
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!