Mozilla releases Thunderbird 78.6.1, a security update to the app that also includes a number of improvements and general fixes. It is now available for download for Windows, mac OS and Linux.
Thunderbird is my preferred email client of choice. I use this app on every PC and on every operating system I use. It is stable, contains all the features you need, supports add-ons and also comes with a useful RSS reader. I am using Thunderbird for many years and never felt the need to look for an alternative.
Thunderbird 78 doesn't support classic XUL add-ons any longer, but includes some of their features out-of-the-box. For example, on Windows you can minimize the app to the system tray.
The following changes have been made to the app.
What's in Thunderbird 78.6.1
- MailExtensions: browserAction, composeAction, and messageDisplayAction toolbar buttons now support label and default_label properties
- Running a quicksearch that returned no results did not offer to re-run as a global searchMessage search toolbar fixes
- Very long subject lines distorted the message compose and display windows, making them unusable
- Compose window: Recipient addresses that had not yet been autocompleted were lost when clicking Send button
- Compose window: New message is no longer marked as "changed" just from tabbing out of the recipient field without editing anything
- Account autodiscover fixes when using MS Exchange servers
- LDAP address book stability fix
- Messages with invalid vcard attachments were not marked as read when viewed in the preview window
- Chat: Could not add TLS certificate exceptions for XMPP connections
- Calendar: System timezone was not always properly detected
- Calendar: Descriptions were sometimes blank when editing a single occurrence of a repeating event
- Various printing bugfixes
- Visual consistency and theme improvements
- Various security fixes
The release notes are available here.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: