Intel released a new DCH graphics driver for systems running Windows 11. Version 184.108.40.20655 is now available for compatible computers, and it brings various improvements and bug fixes.
What's new in Intel GPU driver version 220.127.116.1155
The main highlight of this update is additional support for Windows 11-based systems. Release notes for driver 18.104.22.16855 mention support for H264 and HEVC DX12 video encode on computers with Windows 11 and Intel's 10th generation Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Plus graphics or higher.
Besides improved codecs support on Windows 11, the driver fixes several issues found in the previous release.
- Minor graphic anomalies seen in Cyberpunk 2077 (DX12), Hitman 2 (DX12), Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Vulkan).
- Minor graphic anomalies seen in Monster Jam Steel Titans 2, Ark Survival Evolved (when Intel Sharpening Filter is enabled) on 11th Generation Intel Core Processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics.
- Black screen seen in Rage 2 (Vulkan) (after ALT + TAB) on 11th Generation Intel Core Processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics.
- Intermittent crash or hang seen in Ark: Survival Evolved (during launch), Star Wars: Squadrons (during launch), Warframe (DX12) on Intel Iris Xe Discrete graphics.
- Minor graphic anomalies seen in Euro Truck Simulator 2, Marvel’s Avengers (DX12), Metro Exodus (DX12) on Intel Iris Xe Discrete graphics.
You can find the list of known issues in the driver on the official website.
Intel's GPU driver 30.0.100.0055 supports processors with built-in graphics starting with 6th generation (Skylake) and higher. Note that Intel does not provide official support for systems with 6th and 7th generation processors running Windows 11. Also, this driver does not support systems with Intel Kaby Lake G CPU, which is a quirky hybrid 7th gen CPU with an integrated GPU from AMD.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!