Telegram is a fast growing mobile and desktop messaging app. It got an interesting new feature recently - the ability to edit sent messages. This new feature is available for both mobile and desktop versions of the app.
If you are a Telegram user, you need to update the apps you are using. The change log is as follows:
- Edit your messages everywhere within 2 days after posting.
- Mention people in groups by typing @ and selecting them from the list — even if they don't have a username.
- Get to your friends faster with the new People list in Search.
- Find inline bot shortcuts in the attachment menu.
- Add chat shortcuts to home screen.
For Windows Desktop, the released version if 0.9.49. It allows you to edit the last message you sent in the following way:
- Press the Up arrow on the keyboard while you are in the input text box. This will restore the last message you sent.
- There, you can edit it and press enter to send it. It will be edited for you and your buddy immediately. See the following screenshot:
Or you can right click a message with the mouse and choose Edit.
For Android, the updated app version is 3.9.0. To edit a message, you need to simply tap on the sent message (and not press and hold) so you can edit it:
Image credits: Android Police.
So, with these changes the app just became much more useful for the end user.
Which messenger are you using these days and why? Tell us in the comments.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!
One thought on “Telegram for Desktop and mobile got Edit message feature”
Is horror function. Is violated UI friendly. “up” key solo up not edit.