In the upcoming Windows 10 version, currently referred to as "Redstone 5", Microsoft is going to rework the built-in tools for taking screenshots. The recently released build 17661 comes with a new Screen Snip feature that has been added to Windows 10 to quickly snip and share a screenshot.
Windows 10 already includes a bunch of options for taking screenshots. I've covered them in the article
In short, you can use
- The Win+Print Screen hotkey
- Only the PrtScn (Print Screen) key
- The Alt+Print Screen keys
- The Snipping Tool application, which also has its own Win + Shift + S shortcut. Tip: You can also create a shortcut to capture a screen region in Windows 10.
Using the new tool, you can capture a rectangle, snip a freeform area, or take a full screen capture, and copy it directly to the clipboard. Immediately after taking a snip you’ll now get a notification that will take you and your snip to the Screen Sketch app where you can annotate and share away. In the current implementation, other traditional tools available in the Snipping Tool (Delay, Window snip, and ink color, etc) are missing.
To take a screenshot with Screen Snip in Windows 10, do the following.
- Press the Win + Shift + S keys. Alternatively, you can press the Print Screen key or click on the pen tail button (if you have a pen). Finally, you can use the Screen snip quick action button in the Action Center.
- A snipping toobar will open. Select to snip a rectangle, freeform, or full screen.
- Take a snip using the desired tool.
- A notification will appear informing you that your capture is saved to the clipboard. Now you can paste it to any supported document.
- Take A Screenshot In Windows 10 Without Using Third Party Tools
- How to Take a Screenshot of a Screen Region in Windows 10
- Fix: The screen does not dim when you take a screenshot using Win+PrintScreen in Windows 10
- How to Take a Screenshot of Login Screen in Windows 10
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!