Starting with Windows 10 build 17093, the OS allows pairing and connecting supported devices with just one click. When such a device is ready to pair and present in the Bluetooth transmitter's range, click on the notification toast to proceed.
Here is how it works.
Streamlined Pairing For Bluetooth
- Put the Bluetooth peripheral in pairing mode
- If the peripheral is close by, Windows will show a notification to the user
- Selecting "Connect" starts pairing
- When the peripheral is no longer in pairing mode or is no longer nearby, Windows will remove the notification from the Action Center.
If you find no use for this feature, or you just don't like it, there is a simple way to disable it.
To disable Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth in Windows 10, do the following.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Devices - Bluetooth & other devices.
- On the right, scroll down to the option Connect to certain Bluetooth devices quickly. Turn off (uncheck) this option.
You are done!
You can re-enable this feature at any moment. Simply turn on the option Connect to certain Bluetooth devices quickly under Devices - Bluetooth & other devices in the Settings app and you are done.
Alternatively, you can enable or disable this feature with a Registry tweak.
Manage Streamlined Pairing For Bluetooth with a Registry tweak
To enable or disable the Streamlined Pairing For Bluetooth with a Registry tweak, you need to modify the 32-bit DWORD named QuickPair under the key
- Open the Registry Editor app.
- Go to the following Registry key.
See how to go to a Registry key with one click.
- On the right, modify or create a new 32-Bit DWORD value QuickPair.
Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
Set its value data to 1 to enable the feature.
- A value data of 0 will disable the feature.
- To make the changes done by the Registry tweak take effect, you need to sign out and sign in to your user account.
To save your time, you can download the following ready-to-use Registry files.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!