How to Start and Stop Magnifier in Windows 10
Magnifier is an accessibility tool bundled with Windows 10. When enabled, Magnifier makes part or all of your screen bigger so you can see words and images better. There are a number of methods you can use to quickly open it.
Every modern Windows version comes with accessibility options. They are included so people with impaired vision, hearing, speech or other challenges find it easier to work with Windows. Accessibility features improve with every release.
Magnifier is one of the classic accessibility tools that allows you to temporarily enlarge a portion of the screen in Windows 10. Formerly known as Microsoft Magnifier, it creates a bar at the top of the screen that greatly magnifies where the mouse pointer is.
In Windows 10, you different ways to start and stop Magnifier. Here is how it can be done.
To Start and Stop Magnifier in Windows 10,
- Press the Win key + Plus sign (+) on the keyboard to turn Magnifier on.
- Press the Win key + Esc on the keyboard to turn Magnifier off.
You are done!
Start and Stop Magnifier from Settings
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Ease of Access > Magnifier.
- On the right, turn on or off the Enable Magnifier toggle option.
- You are done.
Also, you can use the classic Control Panel to open the Magnifier app.
Launch Magnifier from Control Panel
- Open the classic Control Panel app.
- Go to Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center.
- Click on the link Start Magnifier.
This will open Magnifier.
Also, you can open it directly from the Run dialog.
Launch Magnifier from Run Dialog
- Press Win + R on your keyboard.
- Type magnify into the Run dialog.
- Hit the Enter key to launch the Magnifier app.
Finally, Magnifier has a shortcut in the Start menu which you can use.
Start Magnifier from Start Menu
- Open the Start menu.
- Navigate to All apps > Windows Ease of Access, and click on the Magnifier item.
- Alternatively, use the Alphabet navigation to find the shortcut faster.
- Also, you can find the shortcut with Search, by typing
magnifyin the search pane.
You are done.
Note: Besides the Win+Esc hotkey, you can close the Magnifier app like a regular window with its red close button.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!
3 thoughts on “Start and Stop Magnifier in Windows 10”
I didn’t want this garbage, how in the world did I get into this junk?
No matter what you do, somebody will always call you an idiot.
Usually by other idiots!