As you may already know, Windows 10 comes with a refined user interface of the Start menu. It allows resizing of its area with tiles. It is also possible to change its height or width only. Let's see how it can be done.
To resize the Start Menu in Windows 10, click the Start button on the taskbar or press the Win key on your keyboard. The Start menu will be opened.
To change height of the Start menu, move your mouse pointed to the top edge of the Start menu, click and hold the left button and drag it up or down.
The same can be done to change the Start menu width. Drag the right edge of the Start menu pane to change its size.
Starting with Windows 10 Build 16215, you can perform diagonal resize of the Start menu. The Start menu pane can be resized diagonally.
Tip: You can make your Start menu very narrow and reduce its size to a single column.
- Unpin every tile you have pinned on the right side of Start menu. Just right click each tile and pick the item "Unpin from Start" from its context menu.
- Once you do this for all tiles, your Start menu will look as follows:
Now click and drag the right edge of the remaining empty space to the left.
- You will get something like this:
Now adjust the height of the Start menu by dragging the top edge towards the bottom.
- Now, customize the items in the bottom left area of the Start menu as described in the article "How to customize the Start menu in Windows 10".
If you prefer the full screen Start menu instead, you can do the following.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Personalization - Start.
- On the right, find and enable the option Use Start full screen.
This will enable the full-screen Start menu in Windows 10.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!