Microsoft Edge is the default web browser app in Windows 10. It's a Universal (UWP) app which has extension support, a fast rendering engine and a simplified user interface. With Windows 10 version 1809, the browser has got the ability to save your credit card information. If you are not happy with this change, you can quickly disable it.
Starting in Windows 10 version 1803, in addition to autofilling passwords and form entries, the Edge browser now can save and manage credit card information to fill in payment details more quickly. By default, the ability to save cards is enabled, but if it's not suitable for you, you can turn off it. Here's how.
To prevent the Edge browser from saving your credit card data, do the following.
- Open Edge and click the Settings button with three dots.
- In the Settings pane, click on the Settings item.
- In Settings, click on the Password and autofill item.
- Turn off the option Save cards.
Alternatively, you might want to clear your saved card information. It is possible when the Save cards option is enabled.
Remove a saved card from Microsoft Edge
- Open the Passwords & autofill section of browser's settings.
- Under Save cards, click on the button Manage cards.
- On the next page, hover over the saved card tile and click on the 'X' button at the top right.
- Alternatively, right-click on your card and select Delete from the context menu.
Edge got a lot of changes with recent releases of Windows 10. The browser now has extension support, EPUB support, a built-in PDF reader, the ability to export passwords and favorites and a number of other useful functions like the ability to go Full screen with a single key stroke. In Windows 10 Creators Update, Edge got support for tab groups (Set Tabs Aside). In Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, the browser has been updated with Fluent Design.
Another great feature of the Microsoft Edge web browser is the ability to print web pages without ads, extra decorations and styles. Check out the following article.
Finally, you can make Microsoft Edge read the contents of a PDF, EPUB file, or a web page using the built-in Read Aloud feature of the browser.
Tip: You can disable video autoplay for Microsoft Edge. See Disable Autoplay Videos In Edge Browser In Windows 10.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: