Yesterday, a new Opera Developer update was rolled out to the public. Version 40.0.2288.0 of the Norwegian browser contains two main functionality changes. Let's see what those changes are in detail.
The first change made in build 40.0.2288.0 is the updated Battery Saver user interface.
Battery Saver is a feature which has also made it to the stable version 38 of Opera. As is evident from its name, it extends your portable device's battery life by doing certain optimizations:
- Reduced activity in background tabs
- Automatically pausing unused plug-ins
- Reduced frame rate to 30 frames per second
- Tuning video-playback parameters and forcing usage of hardware accelerated video codecs
- Paused animations for browser themes
Another change in this Developer release build is to Speed Dial suggestions.
Opera 40 features a very early preview of an easier method to add the most popular websites to your speed dials. At this moment, they are doing an experiment with the most popular websites and also investigating possibilities to make those suggestions more relevant. This feature will be developed during the course of the next few weeks. So, if you decide to try out this new feature, your feedback is highly welcome.
Opera Developer 40 has some known issues:
- 64-bit Windows builds are not available.
- Mac OS X users won't be able to use the Netflix service because of a problem with the Widevine plugin.
Download Opera Developer 40
- Opera developer for Windows
- Opera developer for Mac
- Opera developer for 32-bit Linux – deb file
- Opera developer for 64-bit Linux – deb file
- Opera developer for 32-bit Linux – RPM file
- Opera developer for 64-bit Linux – RPM file
The official announcement is HERE.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!