Microsoft today released Windows 10 build 14388 for Fast Ring Insiders. This build is part of Windows 10 Anniversary Update, version 1607 which is expected to be released on August 2nd, 2016. Before this date, Microsoft is trying to catch all bugs in the software. As excepted, this new build comes mostly with bugfixes.
The list of fixes
- We have updated the Store to version 11606.1001.39 with bug fixes.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator keyboard shortcuts would not work after locking your PC and then logging back in and going to your desktop.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator would not read the date and time under Settings > Time & language > Date & time.
- We fixed a TPM driver crash that could result in the device bug-checking (bluescreen) and rebooting.
The list of known issues
- A recent fix went into place for the Hyper-V firmware that will that affect the ability to boot Windows Server 2016 Tech Preview 5 VMs with Secure Boot enabled. A fix for TP5 builds has been developed however, due to release schedules, the Insider Preview build changes will be released before the TP5 fix is released. During that time, if you try to boot a new TP5 VM with Secure Boot enabled, it will fail. The workaround is to disable Secure Boot during this period.
- After you install this build on a PC using a non-EN-US language, you may get error code 0x80004005 when enabling Developer Mode on the “For Developers” Settings Page. Even after seeing this error message, your machine is in developer mode and you should still be able to use Visual Studio to develop Universal Windows Applications. In most cases, this error indicates that extra components required by the operating system to enable additional debugging features in Visual Studio or the Windows Device Portal could not be installed automatically.
To fix this:
#1. Go to Settings > System.
#2. Click on “Apps & features”
#3. Choose “Manage Optional features”
#4. Press the button “Add a feature”
#5. Select the package for Windows Developer Mode
#6. Click “Install”
#7. Reboot your PC
#8. Launch Command Prompt as Administrator
#9. Run: sc config debugregsvc start=auto
Finally, return to the “For Developers” Settings page. You will still see the error code, 0x80004005 but you should now be able to enable Windows Device Portal and the Device Discovery features.
If you are a Fast Ring insider, open the Settings app and go to Update & security -> Windows Update -> Check for updates to get this build installed.
Source: Windows blog
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!