Opera 61 has reached the developer branch. The initial release 61.0.3268.0 of the browser features support for system dark mode in Windows 10, along with a number of other changes.
As you may remember, Opera 45 introduced dark mode that could be enabled by the user manually. Version 61 changes this. Now the browser respects the user preferences made under Personalization > Colors in the Settings app of Windows 10.
Here is the new feature in action:
The feature appears to be inherited directly from Chromium, which has recently introduced the same functionality.
The official change log mentions the following key changes in this release.
The key changes:
- More dark themed pop-ups implemented
- Support system dark mode in Windows 10
- Several new translations
- Chromium is updated to 74.0.3717.0.
To learn more about the changes made to the browser, you can review the following list.
- Broken animation when resizing an unpinned integrated messenger window
- Color issues near the Opera menu button in the browser window
- Opera developer for Windows (Using Opera developer for Windows installer means Opera for Computers EULA is accepted)
- Opera developer for Windows (Portable version)
- Opera developer for macOS
- Opera developer for Linux – deb packages
- Opera developer for Linux – RPM packages
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!