Mozilla has issued a minor update to the latest Firefox 81 branch. Traditionally for post-major releases, such updates are targeting security and reliability issues. Version 81.0.1 is not an exception to this rule, and it includes a notable number of fixes.
What's new in Firefox 81.0.1
- Fixed missing content on Blackboard course listings (bug 1665447)
- Resolved incorrect scaling of Flash content on HiDPI macOS systems (bug 1667267)
- Fixes for various printing issues (bug 1667342, bug 1667510, bug 1667723)
- Fixed legacy preferences not being properly applied when set via GPO (bug 1666836)
- Fixed Picture-in-Picture controls being visible on audio-only page elements (bug 1666775)
- Fixed high memory growth with addons such as Disconnect installed, causing browser responsiveness issues over time (bug 1658571)
- Various stability improvements (bug 1661485, bug 1664542, bug 1664843)
Firefox 81 is a minor release that features general improvements and a small number of new features. However, starting with this release, the browser has a new default theme.
Firefox 81 is now available with the new Alpenglow theme
The Alpenglow theme is also known as "Radiance". It is available on Mozilla Add-ons web site, so users will able to install and remove it.
The theme is pretty and colorful, and consists of mostly the purple and orange colors.
Firefox 81 promotes the new theme over existing users via the
about:welcome pages, and in the
Customize page when you open any of them.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!