Microsoft has updated its Android app for connecting to a Remote Desktop service on Windows. In the latest version the app has received full support for Virtual Desktops.
Version 10.0.6.1066 aligns the set of Android app features in line with its counterparts on iOS and macOS. Now, all the app versions share the same Remote Desktop Protocol engine.
Here are the key changes
- Full support for Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Rewrote the client to use the same underlying RDP core engine as the iOS and macOS clients.
- Enabled the transfer of connections and settings from Remote Desktop 8.
- New Connection Center experience.
- New Connection Progress UI.
- New in-session Connection Bar.
- Added support for Android TV devices.
- Implemented full support for Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Integration with the Microsoft Authenticator app to enable conditional access when subscribing to WVD feeds.
You can download the app from Google Play.
- Fix Access Denied When Opening BitLocker Encrypted Drive Over RDP
- Allow or Deny Users to Logon with Remote Desktop in Windows 10
- How to Remove Saved RDP Credentials in Windows 10
- Windows 10 Will Allow Video Capture Device Redirection over RDP
- Create Remote Desktop Shortcut for PC in Windows 10
- Remote Desktop (mstsc.exe) Command Line Arguments
- Add Users to Remote Desktop in Windows 10
- Remote Desktop (RDP) Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10
- Change Remote Desktop (RDP) Port in Windows 10
- Connect To Windows 10 Using Remote Desktop (RDP)
- How To Enable Remote Desktop (RDP) in Windows 10
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!