Microsoft just updated the Dev channel of the Edge browser with a new build. Edge Dev 99.0.1135.5 is a minor update that is now available to Insiders. The most notable change in this version is Web Capture in PDFs, and a policy to disable the Games feature.
Besides, there are the following additions and fixes.
What's new in Edge Dev 99.0.1135.5
- Added the ability to use Web Capture in PDFs.
- Added address bar dropdown content when first clicking on the address bar like Edge Legacy had.
- Added the ability to change the units that the air temperature is shown in on mobile’s new tab page.
- Enabled support for Data Loss Prevention on websites by default.
- Un-deprecated the management policy to control if the Win Http Proxy Resolver is Enabled, which will be re-deprecated at a later time.
- Added a management policy to Allow the Games Menu (note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have happened yet).
- Added an experimental WebView2 API for Clearing Browsing Data
- Fixed an issue where certain search providers can’t be removed from edge://settings/searchEngines.
- Fixed an issue where the new tab page is sometimes blank or shows the offline page unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue where the Collections pane sometimes crashes or goes blank.
- Fixed an issue where the spellcheck setting is sometimes missing from edge://settings/languages.
- Fixed an issue where the Favorites Bar setting sometimes can’t be turned on.
- Fixed an issue where Guided Switch kicks in to switch to another profile when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue with Collections where certain popups sometimes appear repeatedly even after they’ve been dismissed.
- Fixed an issue on Linux where menus sometimes don’t respond to input.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where the new tab page is broken or blank.
- Fixed an issue on iOS where sync doesn’t work.
- Temporarily disabled support for PDF Linearization due to Chromium Issue 1064175.
- Fixed a crash when creating a new tab.
- Fixed a crash when viewing the new tab page.
- Fixed a crash when using Read Aloud.
- Fixed a crash when using InPrivate tabs.
Existing Edge Dev users will receive this update automatically, as the browser downloads and install new version for them.
The setup file for Edge Dev can be downloaded from its official website.
Finally, check out the official announcement of today's release for the list of known issues.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!