Microsoft today released PowerToys 0.56.2. The update comes a few days after version PowerToys 0.56.1, and fixes issues found in that version. It doesn't include any new feature, but includes one improvement.
The change log includes the following fixes.
What's new in PowerToys 0.56.2
- The installer now passes the /norestart flag to .NET runtime installer
- FancyZones Template layout reset bug is fixed
- Dev File Preview handler files in use bug is fixed
- Added Find my mouse setting for shake distance to allow for adjustability
- PowerToys Run's Windows Terminal plugin didn't have localization setup correctly and is now correct.
You can download PowerToys from the Github website, Microsoft Store, or with winget. Existing users will receive the update automatically.
PowerToys is a suite of opensource apps that add extra features to Windows 11 and 10. Everyone can contribute to their development on GitHub. Also, Microsoft is actively collecting user's feedback on added tools and upcoming updates. This way, the company is able to significantly improve the app suite and add new tools the user really need.
Just recently it has got preview handlers for dev files and Mouse Pointer Chrosshairs - a tool that making it easier to locate the cursor on the screen by drawing a crosshair around the cursor. This, and the "Find my mouse tool" make Windows experience more accessible for visually impaired users.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!