Microsoft has introduced a new app for Microsoft 365 subscribers called Loop. It tries to rethink and combine the capabilities of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Teams, - into one canvas which should increase the productivity of teams.
The key feature of the Microsoft Loop app.
- Loop components are individual production units that allow users to get work done and collaborate on work, such as on a Loop page, chat, email, document, or online conference. Loop components can be lists, tables, notes, and even customer deal data from Dynamics 365. Because the components sync with Microsoft 365 apps, users are always up to date with information.
- Loop pages are versatile canvases that allow users to organize components and connect useful elements, be they links, files, or data that aligns with the goals of a project.
- Loop workspaces are a shared space that allows users to see and organize things that matter to their project. You can easily see who is working on what, react to ideas, and track progress towards goals.
Microsoft promises to add more types of components, including voting tables, status trackers, notes, and task lists. Several Microsoft Loop components are known to arrive in Teams, Outlook and OneNote this month, while a dedicated app will be released in the coming months.
The Context IQ feature extends the Microsoft Editor with suggestions for relevant files and documents, and helps you find free time for a multi-person meeting by analyzing the calendar.
Context IQ will be implemented in all Microsoft 365 applications. Here are its capabilities:
- If you need to attach, paste, or share a file with colleagues, Editor will suggest the appropriate file or document based on the topic and your activity.
- When you try to schedule a meeting in an Outlook email, the Editor will recognize this and recommend times when everyone is free, saving you time.
- When you mention colleagues in a file using the @ symbol, Editor will suggest a list of potential people or stakeholders you have previously noted while working on your documents.
- When you are working through a deal and you need data from Dynamics, the Editor will offer you related information from Dynamics 365 as a Loop component.
- As you enter data or objects, the Editor will offer information such as a frequent flyer number when booking flights online or a sale message when working together as a team.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!